The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Would be interesting to see if customer numbers increase following this.

I for one have avoided having anything to do with Sky since that wrinkly old fossilised cunt has been involved in it.

2 Likes

Me too, I wouldn’t give Murdoch the snot off my nose so have never had any of the products.
Is that just selling the TV company or does it include broadband as well?

Now I just need to check if ANY member of the Murdoch family or any connection with News Ltd remains. Once they are clear of any involvement, THEN and only then would I consider spending any money on it.

Assume they are selling everything under the Sky Plc umbrella

You have a cleaner???

@Rob998 you’re previous employment of a maid is forgiven and totally acceptable.

1 Like

It was my father! And he didn’t employ her, she came with the house that came with his job! I suppose BP employed her, either directly or indirectly.

We couldn’t have a cleaner in our house. We’d have to clean up too much before they came round each week, out of embarrassment, thus negating the whole point.

Apparently people with cleaners fall into two categories - those who have to clean up before the cleaner arrives, to preserve their reputation, and those who have to run around making a mess before he/she arrives, to give them something to do.

VB

1 Like

I know Rob, I remember the original post. :grinning:

1 Like

Lol. Lou is firmly in the former camp. Whenever we stay in a Hotel, she insists on making the bed before we go for breakfast. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Narelle cleans for a few locals. She insists that the place is tidy so that her time is spent productively doing the actual cleaning.

3 Likes

Stolen for the family.

Louise here doesn’t make beds

8 Likes

Perhaps they should charge you the 50 first :thinking:

Ooh, what a big fibber

Bloody Brussels!

1 Like

Aptly named device!

2 Likes

Victorian slang 1909;

1. AFTERNOONIFIED

A society word meaning “smart.” Forrester demonstrates the usage: “The goods are not ‘afternoonified’ enough for me.”

1. ARFARFAN’ARF

A figure of speech used to describe drunken men. “He’s very arf’arf’an’arf,” Forrester writes, “meaning he has had many ‘arfs,’” or half-pints of booze.

1. BACK SLANG IT

Thieves used this term to indicate that they wanted “to go out the back way.”

1. BAGS O’ MYSTERY

An 1850 term for sausages, “because no man but the maker knows what is in them. … The ‘bag’ refers to the gut which contained the chopped meat.”

1. BANG UP TO THE ELEPHANT

This phrase originated in London in 1882, and means “perfect, complete, unapproachable.”

1. BATTY-FANG

Low London phrase meaning “to thrash thoroughly,” possibly from the French battre a fin.

1. BENJO

Nineteenth century sailor slang for “A riotous holiday, a noisy day in the streets.”

1. BOW WOW MUTTON

A naval term referring to meat so bad “it might be dog flesh.”

1. BRICKY

Brave or fearless. “Adroit after the manner of a brick,” Forrester writes, “said even of the other sex, ‘What a bricky girl she is.’”

1. BUBBLE AROUND

A verbal attack, generally made via the press. Forrester cites The Golden Butterfly: “I will back a first-class British subject for bubbling around against all humanity.”

1. BUTTER UPON BACON

Extravagance. Too much extravagance. “Are you going to put lace over the feather, isn’t that rather butter upon bacon?”

1. CAT-LAP

A London society term for tea and coffee “used scornfully by drinkers of beer and strong waters … in club-life is one of the more ignominious names given to champagne by men who prefer stronger liquors.”

1. CHURCH-BELL

A talkative woman.

1. CHUCKABOO

A nickname given to a close friend.

1. COLLIE SHANGLES

Quarrels. A term from Queen Victoria’s journal, More Leaves, published in 1884: “At five minutes to eleven rode off with Beatrice, good Sharp going with us, and having occasional collie shangles (a Scottish word for quarrels or rows, but taken from fights between dogs) with collies when we came near cottages.”

6 Likes