The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

That’s not the same thing

No shit! But they achieve the same result without having to press buttons.

My wife can’t get on with her varifocals, they give her eye strain. I assume there are many like her.

Maybe they aren’t correctly made. I had a pair a few years ago which gave me problems. I had to see an optician who is also a consultant eye surgeon, he measured my lenses and the area of magnification was higher up in one lens than the other, thank you Boots.

1 Like

There are many different patterns. In general, the more you pay, the better they get. I’ve been using them for over 30 years and have had some I’ve liked and some not - the latter being cheaper ones with narrower in-focus field. Currently using Specsavers better ones bought in 2015, which i’m reasonably happy with.

I’ve been wearing VFs for 20 years and mostly found them to be excellent, they do take a bit of getting used to though. I wear contact lenses (monos) for work though for convenience

1 Like
2 Likes

I had 3 pairs of glasses for driving comp and tv distance
Now have varifocals took a week or 2 to get used to, but really like them. The girl who tested my eyes was shit hot,others over the years have been flaky

She has moved to a branch about an hours drive away,but I’d rather go to her and get it right

Fxt

5 Likes

I have had varifocals for a few years, once you get used to moving your head rather than your eyes in certain situations (like walking down stairs) they are excellent.

I liked the varifocals that I used. Then I had an eye operation and do not require glasses at all. I have 20/20 vision.

How is your reading?

Perfect. I didn’t have Lasik I had lens replacement.

3 Likes

Privately Dave?

Netflix at least, surely? :smile:

Yes. Harley Street.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

that there Derbyshire

I’m reliably informed that we have a new living room, stairs and landing carpet.

We are dead posh in Derbyshire.

P.s The cash from the Post office helped a lot :wink:

5 Likes

1 Like