The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Never Mind The Bollocks released 41 years ago today.

5 Likes

Come back Engrish.com, all is forgiven.

44883288_10155731876336937_9118884072477687808_n

4 Likes

Must go here one day;

2 Likes

We once stayed here (Glencot House, Wookey Hole)

The inside was like this, only much darker and, it seemed, even more packed with old stuff

We turned up one stormy February night for a weekend break only to find that just one other room in the whole place was occupied. Impressively spooky ! It seems it closed as a hotel seven or eight years ago.

VB

6 Likes

If only you had mentioned this 20 years ago! My wife was marketing director there, could have got you a deal.

They did trade on the Hammer connection quite well. The Rocky Horror Show was filmed there as well.

Oh and St Trinians as well.

2 Likes

Certainly looks a beautiful building

If only we could hire one of these places out for a weekend bake off

2 Likes

Trip advisor review;

I stayed here with my very long term partner in January 2011 (although Trip Advisor won’t let me go back that far) for what I had no idea at the time would be our last proper Anniversary… Like the hotel, that relationship has now closed. What a fabulous place. We had the hotel completely to ourselves, which was a wonderful treat. The staff made us feel as if it were our own property. There was an eclectic and rather bizarre mix of books, stuffed animals in bell jars and dusty antiques quite packed in to the corridors and other places. One felt like it was a real home, but owned by someone from the Victorian era, despite the Jacobean facade.
I have fond memories of the place, the little river, the outdoor grand piano complete with candelabra, and shall treasure for ever the pictures I took of the chandeliers hanging from the trees, slightly rusty, and the large bird cage complete with incumbent parrot.
The cinema in the basement was another weird and wonderful touch… together with the somewhat temperamental plumbing.
Couldn’t fault the food either. I think they served the entire complement of food to the two of us. We were more than replete!
I loved that place, and was very sad to leave… The current owners are most fortunate, as had I the cash, I would have purchased the place myself.
I love gargoyles. I remind myself of that when I look at pictures of my partner in the grounds.

3 Likes

I’m not sure the electrics would stand it.

1 Like

https://www.historic-uk.com/RentCastle/

This will probably do…

https://caverswallcastle.wixsite.com/caverswall

Not as big as Maureen’s place but bordering on adequate.

Castle and Turrets - Weekend, Friday 2pm to Monday 11am

£6,999 - £91pppn based on 22 people sharing

and it has a moat incase other forums try to invade it.

3 Likes

We could fire Portuguese tarts, mince pies and muffins at them from the ramparts.

3 Likes

snigger

2 Likes

Post-Brexit you are lobbing multiples of the UK’s GNP about willy-nilly there @browellm.

2 Likes

web of trust falls that site, be careful

We could have @coco 's mono horn and @Wayward 's horns, and just about have enough room* to sit far enough back to hear them at their best :+1:

‘*’ (Somewhere in the grounds…)

Never fails to amuse…

1 Like