The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

He died 3 weeks back and it doesn’t occur to anyone to remove him from the ballot and/or reschedule the vote?

Thick cunts. They deserve the system they have FFS.

Dam(n)!

4 Likes

I bet the dying beaver was having a bad enough day before the sick fuck turned up. Life can be cruel.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Same old, same old.

Waits for Trump’s thoughts and prayers

fxtish

It’s California, a state that’s never going to vote GOP, so he probably won’t even bother with that much.

You fucking what?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

and described himself as a “young god”.

Sounds like a catch

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Two of the letters are correct.

2 Likes

Interesting perspective.

3 Likes

Twelve sets of thoughts and prayers required according to the BBC including the shooter. Also 10 others wounded.

I find war quite odd. Effectively it’s putting your own life on the line to keep the ruler you have, rather than have a different one. How many people today would go to war for Theresa May?

1 Like

I’m busy clearing leaves from the garden today, so she’ll have to manage without me.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has ever gone to war for a politician in the UK.
In days of Empire people were either pressed or it was the only alternative to abject poverty.

What the politicians are good at is persuading people to fight for some abstract idealistic view of Country etc.

Winning the first world war didn’t benefit any of the working class.
Going back to the Napoleonic wars the majority of soldiers and sailors would have been better off if Napoleon had won and the Monarchy and aristocracy executed.
The Upper classes wanted to keep the status quo which only benefitted them.

WW2 is an exception as the Nazi regime was absolutely evil but I can’t think of any other war that was fought for anything other than economic reasons, and the economic benefits didn’t go to the sections of society who did most of the dying.

Idealistic notions of ‘fighting for democracy’ are also bollocks.

Here is a list of Countries bombed by the US since WW2

• Korea and China 1950-53 (Korean War)
  • Guatemala 1954
  • Indonesia 1958
  • Cuba 1959-1961
  • Guatemala 1960
  • Congo 1964
  • Laos 1964-73
  • Vietnam 1961-73
  • Cambodia 1969-70
  • Guatemala 1967-69
  • Grenada 1983
  • Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets)
  • Libya 1986
  • El Salvador 1980s
  • Nicaragua 1980s
  • Iran 1987
  • Panama 1989
  • Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War)
  • Kuwait 1991
  • Somalia 1993
  • Bosnia 1994, 1995
  • Sudan 1998
  • Afghanistan 1998
  • Yugoslavia 1999
  • Yemen 2002
  • Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis)
  • Iraq 2003-2015
  • Afghanistan 2001-2015
  • Pakistan 2007-2015
  • Somalia 2007-8, 2011
  • Yemen 2009, 2011
  • Libya 2011, 2015
  • Syria 2014-2016

Plus

Iran, April 2003 – hit by US missiles during bombing of Iraq, killing at least one person

Pakistan, 2002-03 – bombed by US planes several times as part of combat against the Taliban and other opponents of the US occupation of Afghanistan

China, 1999 – its heavily bombed embassy in Belgrade is legally Chinese territory, and it appears rather certain that the bombing was no accident (see chapter 25 of Rogue State)

France, 1986 – After the French government refused the use of its air space to US warplanes headed for a bombing raid on Libya, the planes were forced to take another, longer route; when they reached Libya they bombed so close to the French embassy that the building was damaged and all communication links knocked out.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 13, 1985 – A bomb dropped by a police helicopter burned down an entire block, some 60 homes destroyed, 11 dead, including several small children. The police, the mayor’s office, and the FBI were all involved in this effort to evict a black organization called MOVE from the house they lived in.

“A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but doesn’t have an air force.”

3 Likes

Bang on Kev :+1: