The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Three line whip on this one unfortunately

Should have called for a second referendum

1 Like

Are you not still getting freebie Turans from @coco for rescuing him from La France?

45855869_731000937263905_4578319890678546432_n

10 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Brunel uni was one of the ulikely venues in the 70s to host many of the punk acts plus many others over the last 50+ years of it hosting acts

There was the sports hall which had bigger acts, and the smaller kingdom room which held around 400.Some of the acts that played there Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Deep Purple, Genesis, Mott the Hoople, ELO, The Kinks, Thin Lizzy, The Sex Pistols,stranglers, Joy Division, The Pretenders, The Specials, The Stone Roses

One of the gigs i went to was 40 years ago last night;

https://brunelbands.wordpress.com/tag/penetration/

And one of the newspaper ads for that week

REZILLOSnme11nov1978SMALL(72)

Never saw anyone in the sports hall,but the smaller room was a cracking venue for emerging bands

5 Likes

In a similar vein…

The audience watching The Ruts, West Runton Pavilion 1979.

West Runton Pavilion was a venue in the tiny village of West Runton on the north Norfolk coast. Despite being in the middle of nowhere it hosted many top bands during the 70’s and early 80’s. I never made it there but my elder brother did several times, apparently the sight of punks sleeping on the beach after gigs was quite common.

http://www.villageinnwestrunton.co.uk/pavilion

2 Likes

What a cluster fuck the Government’s badger cull policy has become. the Ex head of wildlife epidemiology at DEFRA has accused them of bias in the reporting of science and in the ,meantime DEFRA uses the Civil Service code to gag its own scientists. The independent report commissioned by Gove into the effectiveness of the badger cull reports tomorrow, should make for interesting reading.

3 Likes

Neil Young criticises Trump after losing his home in California fires

Just to let you know that Zac is setting off to Philadelphia as I type for his leukaemia treatment.

29 Likes

I was wrong in the timings - he’s passing through customs now.

I know number put something into the fund, thanks, it was an incredible thing to raise so much in such a short time. If you look at the video attached (hopefully) you will see how much it means to Hannah and all the family.

I lolled.

1 Like

I bought a green Harrington a couple of weeks ago :+1:

1 Like

Skin 'ead, skin 'ead

6 Likes

In other news…

Hmmm… I wonder if a certain abattoirist was on this plane?

4 Likes

Hahahahahahaha!