These boots are made for walkin'

Don’t be ridiculous.

I think it might have been the ‘offal’ business …

VB

2 Likes

Men’s Hunter Balmoral Side Adjustable Wellington Boots
£140

1 Like

'Tis wot I 'ave :+1:

1 Like

“Foowelly” sounds as if they must come from Wales.

2 Likes

Incredible bargain if you happen to be an EU46.

https://www.e-outdoor.co.uk/anatom-mens-q1-braemar-ultralite-walking-shoes-p1959#attribute[1]=23

2 Likes

What’s the sizing like on these Paul? For instance I am an 11/46 but whenever I try on Salomon shoes I have to go at least one size up (just like I do with Adidas, who own Salomon, coincidentally…). Are they near enough to the standard?

I am a very fussy 44 (UK 9 is too tight and a 10 is too loose) and these, in a 44 fit me beautifully. I wear them every day for work and dog walking.

I am on my second pair, the first pair lasted way better than anything else I have had (Merrell, Saloman, Zamberlan etc), and would buy three more pairs at that price if they had my size.:weary:

1 Like

Need to wait until Friday (payday) and hopefully they’ll still be in stock…:pray:

1 Like

they come up narrow, my goto trail running (walking) shoes were Salomon, but I have given up with them. Adidas were ok a size up, but offered my ankles zero support. Am now wearing On Running shoes.

Anyone recognise these North Face boots? I’ve had them for around 15 years and would like to get some new ones, have tried searching google but get fuck all for them.

Closest I reckon is the current winter insulated boots they do. Normally a hundred, but can be easily picked up if you look around for almost half that.

1 Like

Finally visited an Altberg retailer (Outside in Hathersidge) and had a chance to compare the two different lasts for the basic hiking boot.
The Fremington is a standard boot in a lot of widths, but it felt a bit roomy.
The asymmetrical Malham held my heel tight and had a nice open toe box, without any slide forwards on descents.

Got the Malham, dark brown (not black as they look in the photo). Same size as my shoes.

12 Likes

Mmmm . . . them are nice :+1:

Even better when free…

Given the cost of today, one of the few perks in life has sort of lost its shine.

1 Like

Arrived up in the Dales one boot short of a pair so picked up a pair of these.

Comfortable & got me through several damp yomps with feet that stayed dry.

7 Likes

Weren’t tempted by this then ?

2 Likes

Gill managed to pack one of her greeny coloured boots and one of mine but she had alternative footwear there whereas I didn’t. The Merrells are ok but it feels as if Sports Direct have taken over that and several other brands & probably get all items made in the same Asian factory somewhere.