This is home (The North)

Jump leads, long ones, Shssss

1 Like

Enough !

When the fuck did you join the Stockton on Tees tourist board ?

Despite living in the NE (specifically Hartlepool) for 58 years I have never felt ‘proud’ about the area. Nor have I been ashamed of it either, I guess I’m just a bit meh about the place.

Certainly there’s some lovely countryside and charming little villages, but equally there are some grade A shitholes and for every ‘friendly welcoming North Eastener’ there’s one who will fleece you dry before giving you a friendly headbutt goodbye.

I left the area 18 months ago and haven’t been back. I’m planning a visit later this year, but just to see my Dad. When he is no longer around I doubt I will ever go back.

All IMHO of course

(Redcar, of course is another matter. I will always hope that I can, at some point in my remaining life, be able to afford a weekend in the Monte Carlo of Teesside)

5 Likes

Hire an Astra for the weekend to cruise along the promenade & be sure to treat yourself to a muffin in one of the many seafront bistros.

2 Likes

There are dreams and there are fantasies. Astra, Redcar, muffin… unobtainium :cry:

2 Likes

Problem with that is your view West towards Lackenby is restricted to the point that only the amazing effluent can be seen. Ok, I know you are going to compare that favourably with the aurora, but the real beauty is only realised when it’s combined with the silhouette of the blast furnace buildings, surely?

He’s not Roman Abramovich for god’s sake…

3 Likes

Plymouth, what it lacks in charm it makes up for in concrete

3 Likes