Ticket prices

Yes but the cat litter would bring a far more absorbing night.

I think the original post said current bands or artists.
Who wouldn’t pay £125 to see Hendrix, Elvis or The Beatles!

For me it would have to be something really special and tbh I can’t think of anyone I’d pay that to see at the moment.

I hope not for my mates sake. It’s cost him a fortune to arrange and finance 8 people going.

I’m glad he is not my mate, I’m not sure that I would show up.

1 Like

Sorry to say I heard them on Radio 2 a few weeks ago playing live. It was not great and that is being kind to him.

Can’t think of anybody current for £125.

6 or 7 pretty coloured LP’s instead please.

Great, top notch tickets to a shit night out, just my luck :roll_eyes:

With the exception of Bowie, they were all dead by the time I really got interested in music. If we ignore the dead and those that have forgotten to pop their clogs from the Grandpa rocks period :stuck_out_tongue: already listed above, the dead acts from what is now the Dad rock era I would pay to see (and would pay far, far more than £125 TBH) would be:

Joy Division
The Clash (or the Mescaleros if only to see Joe again)
The Fall

Then there are the acts I could potentially see myself paying to see who no longer tour and probably never will:
Spacemen 3
Cocteau Twins
Talk Talk

But the one act I would gladly pay huge money to see is Durutti Column. To buy a ticket for a DC gig would mean that Vini had regained the ability to play and therefore retrieved his identity as an artist, both of which were taken from him by a series of awful strokes.

2 Likes

To be fair, you had plenty of warning. They were shit in the 80s.

2 Likes

I paid a bit more to see Kate Bush in 2014. Best concert in my life. I had never expected to see her live so it was a bit like resurrection.

3 Likes

I would pay £100+ to see Radiohead in a smallish venue. I don’t like Arenas.

Dead artists: Elvis, Jim Morrison, Coltrane (I’d give a kidney to hear him live)

Live artists: none I’m afraid. I’ve seen all the ones I want to.

Kate Bush would probably get me to pay £125 for a gig ticket to see her. Good shout

There is one no brainer - the mighty Oasis :slight_smile:

1 Like

The musical equivalent of pesto on your fry-up and pineapple/goats cheese on your pizza.

1 Like

I was going to ask is there a dislike button even though I like them, but, at the beginning, first two albums, intimate venue, I would pay for that. Same sentiment for Sex Pistols and Stone Roses.

Palestine’s, the lot of ya !

3 Likes

I actually think Black Mountain are worth serious green to see live - seen 'em five times to date, and they have always been fucking superb - best ever being a now-defunct working men’s club in Leeds in 2010 (now called the Aria Suite) - they can play big venues, but up close and personal they are shatteringly good.

Not for everyone, but for the right venue, I’d find the money.

2 Likes

On my list of need to see.

1 Like

Could you try to ease-back on the Rong.

Oasis are superb, pinapple on pizza is superb, goats cheese is superb.

I’d pay £125 a minute to sit at an all-you-can-eat pineapple-and-goats-cheese-pizza bar watching Oasis play live :heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes