Tidal

Holding a birthday party at the weekend finally gave me a reason to sit down with the Innuos Zenith to get Tidal, (which I’ve been using on my phone for the last few months), play through it.
Was easy, don’t know why I put it off, apart from having too much on generally to bother putting the main system on-had been making do with the Chromecast I was given for Christmas.

Does anyone have any issues with Tidal occasionally stuttering on playback? I do.

I assume that is due to using too shitty a laptop to do too much (it’s running a crossover as well). The task manager thingy shows CPU usage occasionally maxing out.

Presumably I need to get the better laptop out from under the sofa. Shame, I had pretty much finished configuring the old one…

Rock solid at home…

Totally solid on iPhone via apartment wi-fi :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah I’ll fix up the other laptop. Some day…

@AmDismal @MrKettle @Plato It looks like ECM may have relented and published their catalogue to TIDAL.

1 Like

Where did you see the news? Can’t find anything.

Stumbled upon loads of their titles that were previous missing or marked unavailable. All now playable.

1 Like

Cool, there seems to be loads on there :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Having checked a few, some new releases are on Tidal but not Spotify. Some older ones are on both. But I’ve only checked about a dozen titles.

Just checked a random choice on Spotify, and a group of his (Michael Mantler) albums were available.
Great!!!

Well, before we all get too excited by the addition of ECM, some people are already complaining that some titles have been audio watermarked. That just seems like a ludicrous decision by ECM/UMG.
https://www.mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark

2 Likes

Back to the torrent sites then!!

1 Like

Shite. I use Tidal on it’s own now. Back to the drawing board !

I wouldn’t worry Stu - the way the US stock market is going and the money washing around in the internet / online media stocks someone will buy it or bail it out if necessary.

Failing that I have still got all my CD’s.:grin:

Mine are up in the loft ! Loads of stuff I stream that I don’t have cds of though.

2 month trial for new users
http://tidal.com/gb/masters

There’s a way to get repeating three months (need new email and start again…).

Pm if you need more

Great way to rip off the artists even more than the big streaming services do already.:pensive:

1 Like