Tidal

It’ll come off their marketing budget though, I imagine that the artists will be paid the same pittance!

I buy anything I like. If I just used it all year as a source I’d pay happily.
As a quick check I’d prefer to sample if there’s a chance to! I barely use it. If I did I’d miss the build up of history and faves so it would get a bit tiresome starting again each few months

Well this isn’t looking good…

1 Like

Oooh, that looks a bit stinky.

It gets better…

1 Like

Tidal: “all that stuff is untrue”

Also Tidal: “we’re investigating a potential data breach”

:wink:

1 Like

Am looking into Tidal and Roon after the masterclass from @browellm at Ritchie’s bake off.

Seems that either

a) Tidal are in the shit
b) Gizmodo doesn’t like Tidal (or Jay-Z)

2 Likes

I’ve been using TIDAL for a couple of years. No complaints thus far*. I took out a lifetime subscription to Roon also, so will be pissed off if TIDAL goes bust. The TIDAL/Roon combination is absolutely excellent and via a series of Raspberry Pi based doo-dads has revolutionised our consumption of music (e.g. I actually play files and streams now).

Go for it.

*OK, the UI isn’t as good as Spotify and the Library is not as comprehensive as I would like, but it sounds good, always works and is great on the phone too.

2 Likes

Business-wise, yes.

The dude from Roon said something to the effect of they’re working hard on integrating with other streaming services for precisely this reason.

I’m pretty sure that both a and b are right

Surprised it has lasted as long as it has TBH. Many will fall by the wayside as the industry lurches forward.

QoBuz is my back up, catalogue not dissimilar to Tidal. Hope there continues to be commitment to red book streaming generally.

1 Like

A Tidal update means that once again my albums are sorted in alphabetical order. The Tidal UI is really shit.

I briefly looked into Roon but that won’t work either. Fuck all of the things.

Digital is SOOOOOO wonderful !

4 Likes

Gonna try qobuz I think. Just need to run it past the wife…

R2R ftw

4 Likes

Tried CD? You put them in any order you want and they stay in that order. Strange, but true. :flushed:

1 Like

Strange. Mine always show in the order I added them.

Odd, but vinyl does that too. Bloody useless old tech.

1 Like

My kids and wife were good at that. CD boxes in alphabetical order, CDs scattered to feck and in any old box.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Buy a server, put CDs in your loft, use TIDAL as an alternative/bonus source and revel in the knowledge that you have joined the 21st Century.

2 Likes

He’s a Brexit voter, duh

1 Like