Time for a tripod

Yes, I went through every single link on the website and the reviews from both individuals and photography sites were incredible.

I contacted the guy and have had quite a conversation with him. At half of the price that the Gitzo gimbal can be had it seems a steal, particularly when I looked at the construction. I think with a little bit (10 minutes tops) of maintenance, say, every couple of months, it should last a very long time. That’s really important in the aggressive salt laden atmosphere here.

Your link made this thread worthwhile, thank you.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great decision. I think the beauty of it is in the simplicity.

I read a review where he offered to make a one-off plate (something like that) for someone to go with it. That type of thing stands out.

1 Like

This

A custom gimbal, for someone in the US with the huge 800mm Sigma lens

Slightly different one as they wanted to use their own clamp:
http://www.carolinawildphoto.com/RH-2_gimbal.htm

Good to hear though!

1 Like

Just checked the review link section on his site, wow there are quite a few haha

1 Like

Well the tripod arrived yesterday evening (gimbal came last week) and I have to say I’m extremely impressed. Both items ooze quality and the adjustment of the camera can be done with a fingertip, yet it holds in the required position.

Very happy

6 Likes

Great set up Paul; I’ve had a lensmaster for a few years and it’s excellent - good for astrophotography too.

1 Like