Today I have mainly been V2.0

We where very much considering a wood/laminate type floor in our living room, due to cats and dog etc. but having lived with the tiles on the concrete floor (the carpet was taken up in readiness) we decided to go with carpet again :man_facepalming: for noise/acoustics and warmth etc. reasons.

Not necessarily. There are non-slip clear wood laquer products available, such as those used on commercial sports floors. I think they are water based urethane :thinking: something like this:

https://www.bona.com/en-US/Bona-Professional/Products/Coatings/Waterborne-Finishes-and-Sealers/Bona-Traffic-Anti-Slip/

1 Like

The Copenhagen one doesn’t have any steps. You really could take a horse & cart up it.

The stone one is at Chateau de La Rochefoucauld based on a design by Leonardo Da Vinci.

2 Likes

Trying to work out how much it’s going to cost to sort the next house we are looking at buying.

That’s the badger!

I thought the stairs might be a bit bumpy in a car :smile:

17 posts were split to a new topic: Financial & Investments squawkery

pondering what use this could be

:thinking:

Revisiting this morning’s breakfast and yesterday’s pizza courtesy of a bug from KettleJnr’s nursery, all while 2 hours drive from home. The joys of parenthood…

1 Like

Hooking up a quad 33/303 to my speakers.

It goes from nothing to loud pretty quick
Will 10db attenuators help much?

I’ve got some 20db rothwells if it helps

1 Like

Thanks John
Will give these a go tomorrow,I did have some adjustable one that went up to 30db,but can’t find them

1 Like

Went on a walk from Stourport to Bewdley, up to the top of the hill for a meal at the Hopole and then walk home. 10 mile round trip so might have walked some of it off!

6 Likes

Night walking ? I confess I’m a bit wary of that, depending on the terrain - I turned my ankle pretty seriously in a rabbit hole (I think) a few years ago in a field in the dark. But at times it can be beautiful in a way that daylight never is. Last winter we had a bit of snow and walking over that in bright moonlight was breathtaking. On another occasion I walked along a country road that sees hardly any traffic. The night sky was as dark as it ever is around here and clear too. I had to stop and just look at the stars.

VB

2 Likes

It was light when we set out cross country at about 6pm. 2 and a bit hours later we had gone 6m and up hill to the pub. We chose the straighter road home along tut road which was lit most of the way but we had brought torches.

2 Likes

Sounds lovely.

VB

1 Like

Gosh , 30 years of age with a bag. Massive shock to the system .glad he is bearing up, I don’t think I could but it’s amazing how many have to cope with emptying their poo from a bag and coping with the mess etc

Saw a youth group out on a nightwalk in Devon last sat , they were well kitted out with maps etc

Mostly I walk locally where I know the paths, so maps aren’t such an issue. I have a much better torch after the ankle-turning incident though.

VB

3 Likes