Today I have mainly been V2.0

Ah…thanks for the info.

1 Like

Flying up to Edinburgh today. Have to look at a few new potential Shell garage sites in Scotchland.

At least it’s a bit more interesting going from London City Airport with the mad acceleration and braking of the STOL aircraft :smiley:

5 Likes

Mostly finished building a log store this morning made from 14 pallets then I cut down a large tree branch that was over hanging using my new battery chainsaw. I do need to do a lot of tiding up but it’s now raining

9 Likes

Didn’t realise the fuel consumption was so bad you needed your own franchise of petrol stations Jim…

6 Likes

If only…a tenth of one percent would be enough :wink:

1 Like

Shit Trousers On Landing?

10 Likes

Passed the chap out begging in the middle of the road at 8am this am . He is there week after week with a sign up saying he wants work . It really is very very sad to see , almost bought him some gloves yesterday !!! It’s a sad world we live in

He lives in hope for those gloves,

2 Likes

Give him pair of your old gloves and a tenner and a scarf. Then you can almost give him £10.01 and a pair of gloves plus a bonus scarf. The expectations that he almost has will be exceeded

1 Like

indeed , i think he is making a pretty good living begging there as i see cars stop . pretty dangerous though as cars could crash into the back when you stop at the junction . seems to be either folks wanting to wash your windscreen or beg for money

Making THE COLLAR on a Pea Coat.

8 Likes

Suffering Man-Flu.
Again.

1 Like

Only one? Is it blank on the other side then?

2 Likes

That looks like quite a posh pea coat.

Don’t start.

Is it a Bridge Pea Coat or is it a Reefer?

Good question!

Well, I suppose it is a bridge pea really because it isn’t made from the original cloth (Kersey, which is very heavy) and is definitely a bit more refined because of that. However, I do have a couple of reefers here for reference and have copied much of the detail; pockets, machined edges etc. Hand stitched edges would make it too Savile Row poncey. I am trying to make it look like a bit of deadstock uniform I suppose.

I have also changed the collar and lapel detail slightly so that it doesn’t look old fashioned. An Ulster collar can look tragic if made too round and pointy.

I think officers may wear a lightweight Pea in summer which is made of a heavy hopsack.

3 Likes

Anyway, much faff involved, which I am really enjoying. :grinning:

8 Likes

We could tell.

Bit of a cheat on my part. My father was a Naval Officer (1946 intake to the Royal Naval College at Greenwich). I have a long history of Reefers (in the dim and distant past this was not limited to just the coats :smirk:) which used to wind him up as he felt a bridge coat was more appropriate (so I’ve never, ever even tried one on). I must get over my teenage self and try a bridge coat at some stage.

4 Likes