Today I have mainly been V2.0

Agreed, but as a second multi function system at a cheap price I think they take a lot of beating. Nice small footprint too.

https://www.superfi.co.uk/p-17143-marantz-mcr611-melody-media-player-networked-mini-system.aspx

we have an old version of the Marantz in the bedroom and a Naim Unitiqute2 in the kitchen

Surely this needs its own thread (no pun intended).

VB

2 Likes

Got out for a walk yesterday. Went via Ewelme - rural idyll only slightly blighted by ginormous landfill site on the neighbouring hill (like Sutton Courtenay, except with a hill). Here’s the idyllic bit

On the path between the landfill and the village, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, I came across a field gate. Someone had nailed a roughly A4-sized board to the gatepost with the words “Take up veganism. All life matters !” written on it in black marker pen. There were a few stars and smiley faces too. I was tempted to go back and nail another board underneath saying “Hang on. All life ? What about plant life ? Have you thought this through ? Will we have to blow the tigers away ? And the polar bears, eagles, orcas, wolves etc etc ? They’re chewing their way through other lives after all …”.

VB

8 Likes

Ewelme has some really nice Watercress beds running along the side of the road past the church and manor house. Parson’s Lane I think.

I’m not against Vegans or whatever, it’s all fine by me, but this sort of thing always reminds me of this :slight_smile:

1 Like

It also has a fantastic old school (the left-most building in my pic). It was built in 1437 by Alice Chaucer (grand-daughter of Geoffrey) and is the oldest continuously functioning school building in the country.

VB

3 Likes

The village is beautiful and we know a couple of people there. It’s not far from us, so we often get over to The Shepherd’s Hut.

Ddving down across some beautiful Normandy countryside with Pete to the village of Belleme where this year’s Euro Triode Festival is taking place. Only a few arrivals so far but already a few big amps for the SET shoot out.

12 Likes

Who’s driving?

Me. We were a bit concerned that the Scarlet pimpernel would be nabbed at passport control & be bundled off to le nick.

6 Likes

The guillotine is too good for him. The villain!

Lucky sods. Piccies of food?

Not til tonight. Lovely village though.

Some nice VOTTs being hauled into the room on the ground floor of our billet just now

7 Likes

VTA looks a bit high…

3 Likes

bastard beat me to it :tired_face:

I would be much more concerned about how some cunt has cut half the plinth off

2 Likes

You have competition as chief router monkey.

What’s the first deck? Looks nice.

2 Likes

Reed?

1 Like