Today I have mainly been V2.0

Reducing a knackered three seater sofa to it’s constituent parts using a Stanley knife and a rubber mallet.

Most satisfying.

3 Likes

Definitely not! And I’m Welsh.

1 Like

nice singing though

A little Beckettian vacational philosophy for you. :grinning:

Customer’s voice: “In six days, do you hear me, in six days, God made the world . . . And you are not bloody well capable of making me a pair of trousers in three months!”

Tailor’s voice: “But my dear Sir, my dear Sir, look – at the world – and look – at my trousers.”

Samuel Beckett, Endgame

4 Likes

I love that to bits

Can something be round and pointy? :thinking:

A stylus. I’m surprised that your legendary fettling skillz have failed to detect this.

2 Likes

Hideous Ulster collar:

Collar leaf edge round, collar end pointy

Acceptable Ulster collar:

Collar leaf edge slightly hollow, collar end square.

3 Likes

Randomly, any idea what an “alts hand” is?

In the context of “coatmaker, alts hand”.

Coatmaker/Alteration hand.
A coat maker makes coats, i.e. anything with sleeves.
In my experience (long and painful) anyone describing themselves thus will do neither thing very well.

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense, thank you.

The best alteration tailors have coatmaking and cutting experience. Usually they are old and doing it because they want to be doing something after a lifetime in the trade but don’t want the hassle of dealing with customers anymore. They are rare as anything now because death.

I’m still known to do the occasional alteration,I’m not cheap though

I’m not necessarily looking for the best of anything, because budget :smile:

Was this an ad? What do you require?

It was a “meet the team” tweet.

Eventually when I have time (i.e. the next period of unemployment) the rough plan is for a(nother) tweed suit.

I have one that just about fits, but is a bit dull, and another that swamps me after I shrank in the wash. Something a bit jazzy that actually fits is the goal.

that is how my paternal grandfather ended his tailoring career.

1 Like

A brief scroll down through their images reveals fundamental flaws in their understanding of clothing, to put it mildly. Don’t waste your money. PM for discussion and possible wallet harassment with no obligation. :+1::grin:

8 Likes