Today I have mainly been V2.0

and are delivering my Turan tonight…

1 Like

See, you don’t actually need a kitchen.

1 Like

It’s not a kitchen. It’s a bottle store :+1:

2 Likes

At last, I found some time tonight to reassemble the HiFi (CD only for now). Last time I did I blew one of my speakers. Deoxit on the connections. Built a mains cable (Nanotec power strada 309 with Oyaide 004 connectors), still burning in. Fitted new SR fuses and managed to not blow anything up. Happy.

The film on the speakers was to protect them whilst fixed. Will refine the set up / positioning as much as possible given space restrictions. Will also set up turntable with new to me Morch UP4 and Trilogy Advance SE stage.

6 Likes

I think I can squeeze a fuck off pair of speakers in. Budget £2-£4k, suggestions welcome. Not rear ported.

Buy @thebiglebowski’s Primes.

Position them better than him and enjoy :wink:

2 Likes

I did see those and wondered. I thought he’d sold them. What’s the bass like?

Adjustable. Depending on your room and in the right conditions, it can be very good indeed, the 8’ folded horn fires out of the bottom, and the adjustability (!) comes from altering the height of the feet. I love 'em.

Struggling.

1 Like

I’ve really enjoyed them on the few occasions I’ve had the chance to have a listen

I get that. I’ve been back at work three days and have achieved zip. I think it’s ok, all of us work hard generally, it’s just the ebb and flow of things. Having said that, next week is now going to be a bastard!

1 Like

It’s tax time so you can have them for £1800 if interested.

ps - bass is fantastic on them, they go low but don’t boom and just seems to be very fast tight bass if you can excuse my pretentious wanky description of it.

admiring our newly re-plastered sex proof ceiling.

12 Likes

Interesting pattern. Have you been consulting @A_Touch_of_Cloth on ceiling finishes?

5 Likes

Brown ceiling ftw.

To misquote Leonard Cohen. “You want it browner?”

Mmmm…damp patch :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It’s not dry yet :grinning:

Is it Coco getting ready to send out @chelseadave 's new power amp?

3 Likes