Today I have mainly been V2.0

Nothing much, I should be rendering but have mainly been gazing at the amazing cloud formations and convincing myself it’s gonna rain.

6 Likes

Beef suet?

1 Like

I wish. Well I’m gonna get bollocked. No rain and now the sky looks like this.

1 Like

Bike ride and picnic with my daughter, then 10-pin bowling followed by air hockey. Currently flopped on sofa wondering if I have the energy to cook dinner.

1 Like

blimey , sounds an exhausting day !!!

At the previously mentioned Muslim wedding. We were invited to the third day of the ceremony, the valima or wedding feast, in the Majestic opposite Aston Villa football ground. .

Started at 13:30. The bride arrived in a “Cinderella” coach pulled by 2 white horses. The groom in a Lamborghini Aventador. The families arrived in 2 rolls Royce Phantoms, a stretched Humber and 2 stretched Range Rovers.

A few prayers, a very professional video recording and lots of of photo’s followed. There were about 800 guests in all seated 12 to a table. We were lucky to sit with a lovely Asian family who explained what was going on. The Asians ladies were exquisitely dressed and many had their arms decorated with beautiful temporary tattoos. A few had the full face veil but they all dropped this while they ate.

The food was not very good TBH. The starters were great, the mains arrived before we had finished the starter (and were very basic) and the the pudding just as the mains were finished. No plates were cleared from start to finish, but pilled up as best we could; apparently this is normal so not to be taken as a complaint. After all, they were catering for 800 people!

We had a great afternoon and feel really privileged to have been invited. Finally left at 16:45 as they were setting the tables for another wedding of 1000 guests, and a third was planned for 22:00 tonight!

The guy on our table said as this was the holiday season he would normally be invited to a wedding a week, and that each “middle class” wedding costs £30k.

BTW, the groom is the manager of our local restaurant.

4 Likes

:+1:

Hummer, by the way

If I had to go through three days of a wedding in order to marry, I’d choose to remain single. It’s tougher than I realised being a Muslim.

So just family and close friends?

Cars have never been my strong point. :sob:

1 Like

I asked that. Our table friends said that the Asian community are really close so if you invite one friend and family you must invite all the rest!

1 Like

Me and Janbald

And some of the transport.

12 Likes

Last one, promise.

3 Likes

A stretch Humber would be much cooler.

3 Likes

Indeed…

3 Likes

Buying a set of very rusty shears from the local recycling centre for 50 pence and a wooden handled saw for 50 pence and cleaning them up a bit.
Then cutting the hedge with the new shears .

7 Likes

The VTA is out at both ends.

In seriousness though nice little garden and a good buy.

fantastic , we often have some amazing supercars at weddings and they block the street , not too long back they made a big mistake of throwing confetti right in front of one of those nice Rolls Royce and we had to help pick it out of the radiator !!!

That’s an hour of your life you’ll never get back…

A blow torch is great at burning off the pesky confetti from a RR radiator grill.

Yesterday, but had a long day so late.

Jan’s birthday. We went for a walk round Kinver Edge and then lunch in The Cat, Envile.

Couple of drinks at the local with our Son then cold beef and chips.

I know how to treat a girl :sunglasses:

3 Likes