Today I have mainly been V3.0

I didn’t realise you had your ears pierced Wayne. Must admit it is a fairly radical change from the bowlcut 'n beard of years gone by. Good for you. Dignity in middle age is soooooooo overrated.

:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Screaming out to put a ball on his head and whack a five iron

1 Like

New Year = new look :wink:

1 Like

You mean somebody paid for that :disappointed: :clown_face:

A walk up the Duddon Valley, my face in the lake District. Lovely views of Bowfell

Some stunning views from Birker Fell of the Scafells.

13 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Board Games

Haven’t heard that before :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I was a terminal technician, worked mainly on the crypto stuff which turned out to be mainly teleprinters.

1 Like

Was that TE Tech? I think they moved all the tech training to Scott and Penney RTG & DTG and then Rawson was radio and spec ops.

Yes terminal equipment technician. I was in the first year that did a ONC in something- forget what but 3 out of 4 of us passed. Did a lot of logic and detailed Basic stuff which set me up for later.

The Glue Pot was the local hole.

Met Jan there :star_struck:

When I was there It was an ONC or BTEC level 3 in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. You then got a HNC when you passed your class 1 and a degree for FoS.

The local dives were Legends (legovers) and Bettys, romantic interactions were carried out in the pump room gardens but can’t remember the names of the others :slight_smile:

You’ll love this but they had some box bodies with Bruin kit, corded patch cable panels and hedgehogs etc to show us what it was like in the olden days.

1 Like

Had some weird issues with my Auralic streamer and Tidal this morning (now sorted) so finally got round to connecting up an old usb hard drive with all my ripped flac files on so I have spent most of the day listening to the stuff that isn’t in the Tidal catalogue.

A relative has given my son his old Macbook Pro. In order to reinstall OS X after the factory reset, I have had to convince the computer that it is 2015 #justworks

This morning FoL and I went for a walk while her mum slept off last night’s indulgences and it turned out to be a great start to the year. At one point we decided to go left instead of the usual right and we stumbled across an overgrown graveyard containing a lot of First World War graves.

Turned out to be this place: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/c7683d8d-00d5-4763-8f04-cbf065db6419

It was quite magical to randomly stumble across this with my daughter. We were both buzzing and continued on our walk, having to exit through a hole in the chain link fence.

As we continued around the lake we saw a cormorant, a heron, swans and all the usual suspects. We were both saying how this had been one of our best walks together when FoL asked what would make it the best. I said that I had seen a kingfisher there when I was young, and that would be special, but that they can be quite difficult to spot.

Five minutes later, we only bloody saw one perched at eye-level above the river, looking for lunch. Then, it dived! Emerging from the water it took off like a low-level, blue bullet just above the surface and flew up into a tree, presumably to eat the catch. We basically floated back to the car on a cloud of joy. Fucking brilliant.

My phone camera is crap, but the blue blob in the photo below is our new mate.

21 Likes

Drinking till 3.30am, inevitable thick head when awoken at noon, sorted with 5 km run and cooked breakfast, time to settle down with a beer to watch the football :+1:

Happy New Year

1 Like

Feeling shit and shivering
Meant to be going to London Friday

Drinking until 02:30 then bed. Slept until 11:00 and once I’d had four cups of tea to liven myself up went on a nice long walk with the mutts. Got a top rump beef joint roasting in the oven for dinner later. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Strange pastime Stu, is this a local New Years Day tradition.

5 Likes

Same here, went down with it last night and struggling today. Have had to cancel a client meeting tomorrow as I can’t face the 6 hour round trip.

1 Like

But but but but, who’ll walk Saffron ?

1 Like

Hel is being sent out with the Foxhound as we speak with pockets full of treats and a tube of primula cheese :+1: :grimacing:

1 Like