Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

A couple from yesterday’s ramble along the West bank of the Tamar.

God’s waiting room. The cemetery at Landulph church.

5 Likes

Poignant empty chairs.

1 Like

Next to a firepit where the expired flowers are burned.

How very apt…

10 posts were split to a new topic: Care at home

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Care at home

Sat in A&E with SiL who took a drunken fall late last night but refused to go to hospital which wasn’t helped by drunken BiL insisting she was fine.

Niece rang me an hour ago begging me to come over and convince her. One look at her shiner and complaints of nausea and blurred vision and I dragged her into the car. Hopefully it’s just bruising and concussion.

Oh shit that doesn’t sound great. Hope she’s ok, and hopefully you don’t have to wait too long.

Hope she’s OK Wayne.

Cheers guys, CT scan back, nothing fractured so looks like we’ll get her home.

15 Likes

Strolling around Shipley Country Park.

6 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lizzyhardingham/how-did-we-get-here-lizzy-hardingham-album-and-tour

Booking another garden gig. Gone a bit mad and booked two for this year. Highly recommend that sort of thing. Doesn’t work out too expensive.

I feel really happy! I installed 18 Bluebell Bulbs in a Flowerbed that was allowed to deteriorate. A few of us have worked hard to remove shitty boring bushes and replace them with small; colourful pretty flowers.

The Bluebells were expensive. Actually, I’ve spent real money on the cunting thing, but it is fucking pretty and other neighbours come over and check out what we’ve been doing.

Anyhoo; after cleaning my trusty Jam Jar, I had another look at the general state of the Flowerbed and counted all eighteen fucking Bluebells. The shoots are visible! Hurrah!

I fucking love this sort of thing! :tulip::seedling::white_flower::blossom::cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

Mum’s funeral today. Went as well as these things can, the celebrant did a great job of making a coherent eulogy from the mass of disjointed info and anecdotes we fed her…

I have a really nice black silk tie, couldn’t find it for the life of me, literally emptied my wardrobe and the only black tie I could find was this:

I’m struggling to remember when or why I obtained a MoD issue Necktie, Black, Standard Length…

Turns out Ellie had stolen my tie.

31 Likes

Pleased it went off as well as it could Rob.

1 Like

I’m glad that it went as well as it could.

To my Dad’s funeral I wore his old funeral tie that was peppered with cigar ash burns and had had a couple of dinners thrown over it for good measure.

Weird how it’s the little things we remember.

4 Likes

Thinking of you mate. Be up soon for a beer.

1 Like

Look forward to it mate.

All the best Rob.

1 Like

Well done and chin up buddy.

1 Like