Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

Hope she’s OK Wayne.

Cheers guys, CT scan back, nothing fractured so looks like we’ll get her home.

15 Likes

Strolling around Shipley Country Park.

6 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lizzyhardingham/how-did-we-get-here-lizzy-hardingham-album-and-tour

Booking another garden gig. Gone a bit mad and booked two for this year. Highly recommend that sort of thing. Doesn’t work out too expensive.

I feel really happy! I installed 18 Bluebell Bulbs in a Flowerbed that was allowed to deteriorate. A few of us have worked hard to remove shitty boring bushes and replace them with small; colourful pretty flowers.

The Bluebells were expensive. Actually, I’ve spent real money on the cunting thing, but it is fucking pretty and other neighbours come over and check out what we’ve been doing.

Anyhoo; after cleaning my trusty Jam Jar, I had another look at the general state of the Flowerbed and counted all eighteen fucking Bluebells. The shoots are visible! Hurrah!

I fucking love this sort of thing! :tulip::seedling::white_flower::blossom::cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

Mum’s funeral today. Went as well as these things can, the celebrant did a great job of making a coherent eulogy from the mass of disjointed info and anecdotes we fed her…

I have a really nice black silk tie, couldn’t find it for the life of me, literally emptied my wardrobe and the only black tie I could find was this:

I’m struggling to remember when or why I obtained a MoD issue Necktie, Black, Standard Length…

Turns out Ellie had stolen my tie.

31 Likes

Pleased it went off as well as it could Rob.

1 Like

I’m glad that it went as well as it could.

To my Dad’s funeral I wore his old funeral tie that was peppered with cigar ash burns and had had a couple of dinners thrown over it for good measure.

Weird how it’s the little things we remember.

4 Likes

Thinking of you mate. Be up soon for a beer.

1 Like

Look forward to it mate.

All the best Rob.

1 Like

Well done and chin up buddy.

1 Like

Thinking about you and yours Rob.

1 Like

I hope the entire day went as well as the funeral Rob. It isn’t an easy day to get through so an absence of friction of any type is a blessing.

1 Like

It was fine thanks Ólan, apart from trying to herd the FoLs out of the house in time for us to get down there, I swear they think we have a Star Trek transporter that can get us there in nanoseconds, not a Ford and a clapped out Beemer.

I had a wobble when the “Edelweiss” struck up, and I’d bloody well chosen it!

We did a buffet back at mums afterwards that a few of the neighbours and her friends popped along to and had a nice reminiscing session.

6 Likes

We had a load of hassle with one of my Dad’s cousins being a pain in the arse at the function after my Mum’s funeral. Luckily he had to drive a fair way so buggered off before my sisters knifed him. I might have been overheard asking who the dickhead was as I had never seen him before and was flummoxed by his behaviour. Families eh? Have a good stiff drink and try and get an early night.

1 Like

My thoughts are with you Rob, sounds like you made it through the day mate.

1 Like

Today I have been doing this. Sick to death of twats hitting / busting my van wing mirrors when it’s parked on the road. So knocked the wall down and ripped 8 ton of the garden out. :grin:

11 Likes

Oh, that looks like fun. Destructoman, today the garden wall , tomorrow, who knows ? :smiley:

1 Like

Never drove a bob cat in 25yrs, thought I did ok, I never tipped this one in a pond. :rofl:
Think the VTA is a bit off on the boom though.

2 Likes