Today I have mainly been V5.0

Indeed,chapter 4 subsection 2 in the AA book of ethos

No member shall have a bigger telly than there speakers. Failure to adhere to this rule leaves you with a 90 day cooling off period where they can reflect over there choice, and purchase bigger speakers.

5 Likes

Getting a reasonable leak through the house with last night’s shitty weather.

This has finally nudged us into getting a/the builder in to sort this out and it kind of snowballed after that. He’s already been round so it’s garage conversion ahoy :grimacing: :moneybag: :grimacing:

13 Likes

I have a 64" Telly

Don’t you mean ‘listening room’ ?

1 Like

Why didn’t you get a 65" like normal people?

1 Like

Haha, Didn’t mean to post that bit, but even with a 65" telly I think I pass the ‘speakers must be bigger than the telly’ test!

I’m not sure. It wouldn’t be the most inviting of spaces even when sorted out.

It may well end up as a well-appointed utility room, then I get to steal what is currently “the laundry” as a listening room. Two people in a four-bedroom house - yes we have an entire room devoted to hanging out laundry.

Mind you - I haven’t seen the estimate yet :laughing:

Enough of this defeatist nonsense!

Show your builder this and then tell him to just get on with it -

2 Likes

Reckon you should put up or shut up dude

3 Likes

At the Academies Show, parked almost in the same country as the hall it is in and accumulating a pile of sub Bristol show level stationery and general tat.

Our Samsung washer dryer has, earlier on, pissed water out its arse all over the kitchen floor. 7 yrs and 1 month old.

2 months ago our Samsung fridge freezer decided to overheat and die, 6 yrs 11 months old.

Building shit that last 7 yrs then, Samsung?

Both high end ones too.

2 Likes

Much sympathy Graham, but I’m not sure you’ll get many replies. We’ve all got kitchens full of modern white goods and we’re all terrified of tempting fate.

1 Like

My Hotpoint fridge-freezer is over 25 years old. It got topped up once (with Freon!!) but has otherwise been faultless. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think that high end gives any certainty of better build quality and longevity nowadays

The dishwasher (bosch) is also now 7ys and month old. We’ll see how long that soldiers on for.

(We moved in 7yrs and 1 month ago)

Agree. Although the WM did have a 10yr warranty on the motor, which is nothing to do with the leak.

Our Samsung fridge freezer is starting to crap out too, freezing up behind the veg drawer, thus freezing any veg at the back of the drawer, and the water dispenser is kaput (probably a solenoid so that’s fixable), but the other day we worked out it was 17 years old and we got it in a sale for £750, so not too bad really. Trying to find someone who’ll work on a Samsung American fridge freezer is bloody difficult.

Equivalent is double the price so hoping it can be fixed

FWIW I’d persevere and get someone round to see to it while it’s still functioning,. Soonest anyone could come out to us was 8 days, we considered that an unreasonable delay when there’s no guarantee a repair is possible.

1 Like

A year ago in short succession we had to replace a washing mc, hob, oven, dishwasher and mixer -All around nine years old - Our Fridge a large Panasonic one of the same age seems OK.

The same thing just happened to our LG. Unfortunately the water pipe up the freezer door has frozen and I can’t face defrosting the freezer or removing the door so it still doesn’t work. The guy that replaced the water valve for us was Gary cross on +44 7766 157436

1 Like