Today I have mainly been V5.0

Happy birthday Wayne

Day of dealing with bureaucracy and mainly losing - needed to speak to HMRC about tax bill - cut off three times, once after being on hold for two hours. So, I’ll take the penalty and pay them when it suits me - this and any country is fucked if it hasn’t got an efficient system for collecting taxes.

1 Like

Happy birthday Wayne :sparkler:

1 Like

Nice trip out with @chelseadave yesterday to the venerable Royal Marsden hospital. We had a good chat in the car there and back - Dave was a bit tired after scans unsurprisingly but debating the pros and cons of tubes, Jim’s horns and Dave’s missed property opportunities in the 1960’s lifted both our spirits on a dreary day.

29 Likes

Happy birthday Wayne

1 Like

Back in fend-for-self mode. I shall be outsourcing catering to the pub today.

Also trying to decide whether to buy a quite spendy pair of headphones. As ever there’s a bit of artificial time pressure with a 20% off offer expiring on Tuesday, meanwhile it appears that they’re not sufficiently spendy to be able to demo them anywhere so it’s a bit of a leap in the dark.

1 Like

Kermit The Frog Meme GIF by Identity

2 Likes

First day of my 3 day weekend (before Night Shift) and I’m a cold (Man-Flu) ridden mess.
In the course of 12 heures it’s gone from tickly throat to full on chest cold.

Covid test done and yes, it’s a cold.

Fuck you random human contact.

3 Likes

Hope it clears up quickly Terry.

1 Like

GWS Terry

1 Like

SEDMC music centre this morning, then this evening:

1 Like

Well that was great :+1:.

22 Likes

Looks like a cracking venue. How were the acoustics?

1 Like

I saw Suzanne Vega there maybe 1991 , when I was working in Coventry. I’d forgotten it was that big.

2 Likes

I thought they were excellent, we didn’t exactly have great seats, but you could hear everything, even decent stereo :grinning::notes:

1 Like

Yeah it’s quite impressive. Very jealous of your Suzanne Vega gig! :grinning:

Commiserations

Thanks, it was 30 years ago I’m nearly over it now.

2 Likes

Being told that daughter #2 has fixed her wedding day for next year. In Vegas!!!
Mrs M and I have already decided that 3 days in LV will be enough. We’ll then head for Kentucky - she for the horses and me for the whiskey. Still undecided whether to road trip or fly to the nags and booze.

12 Likes

Kentucky is a lovely State. It would be a long drive. But, New Mexico is spectacular and you could do a lot of Route 66.

1 Like