Today I have mainly been V5.0

Getting one hours notice of the inevitable power outage which SSE reckon will be restored by 15:30 this afternoon.

Four days of storm force winds have taken their toll on the equipment and the engineers are over here today to fix it - hopefully!

Broadband also down, obviously, but at least Vodafone is still working, for now…

It’s been rough up there this week, had any snow yet?
Hope tinternet and power gets sorted soon.

No snow, it’s quite a rarity here. Still windy though

Started decorating the front room, wondering what to do with the fireplace.
It had a back boiler that’s been taken out and now it’s the choice of fill it in and plaster the wall flat or tidy it up and put in an old fireplace

I’d be torn between a wood-burning stove or a made-to-measure hifi rack…

He’s not quite there yet, inspiration :+1:,Amy is coming on too.

2 Likes

Cool AF :ok_hand:

1 Like

Good on you for getting out there for local music, but a quick note of experience: playing Land of Hope and Brexit every year for 30 years can get a bit boring after a while and flag waving Last Night concerts have a suboptimal ratio of musical enjoyment in playing to the amount of a smack in the chops they are for a brass player.

Tl;dr: now take him to some other of their concerts as well.

P.s. Just looked at their website, I hope they had a good trombone section as the Schumann Rhenish symphony is a notoriously high and squeaky one in the 1st part.

Quoted 2ish weeks before any washing machine repair person could turn up to assess the problem and then have to order parts. Cba to wait that long with washing piling up

New appliance ordered yeaterday arrived this morning, which is impressive. AEG this time.

Of course nothing is straightforward, new hose came with a big filter / water quality indicator (which no fucker will pay attention to once its out of sight) that wouldn’t fit though the shitty hole hacked into the back of a cupboard by the previous owner of our house.

My morning has been spend dismantling kitchen units, chopping holes with a jig saw and rebuilding. Tat B&Q pannels really don’t like screws going into the previous holes.

FML

Still, done now and the Mrs is happy.

3 Likes

Power back on 2 hrs ahead of schedule.

:smiley:

They usually overestimate the time required but not by this much.

7 Likes

Still think you need a house battery backup. You can even get a myenergi one which can take over in a power cut to avoid having to pay money to Space Karen.

They can nearly all be islanded. The myenergi setup is really expensive for what it is.

Does the GibEnergy one do that? Not sure that our neighbours who have one through Eon said that it could.

Edit: or do you need to spec some additional hardware?

It supports it but you have to request the installer builds the circuit when it’s being installed. It’s a lot of ££ and fuckery with auxillary CUs and such. I didn’t bother.

The myenergi battery is a rebadged KSTAR setup. They’re charging a lot for what will presumably be some integration with their car charger and diverter and for it to show up in the app.

If you want maximum convenience from a single supplier and are prepared to pay for it I suppose it will have some merit.

The capital outlay is quite substantial for what is usually a couple of hours inconvenience, 2 or 3 times a year.

Same issue with buying a petrol generator.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354396969305

Plus a few jerry cans of petrol will run for days when you need it. Nice clean sine wave. Enough grunt to start the fridge/freezer compressor motors.

This one’s thirstier (and, in this case, tattier) but it’s electric start and gruntier too and if you’re handy you can divert the cooling water through one or two house rads to keep yourself warm as well as well-lit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334618607518

1 Like

Straight no from the mrs, log burners are for people our holiday cabins only.

Everything I own is too fat for the gap unfortunately

Doing the annual accounts, please shoot me now.

Realising that I may have gone a bit stupid with the dividends last year and my self assessment bill is going to cancel out the deficit created by Liz Truss.

3 Likes

Am off to the classifieds😁

4 Likes

fill yer boots :slight_smile:

1 Like