Today I have mainly been V5.0

Finished mine last week, every year I tell myself to deal with receipts monthly rather than shoving them in a box.

Would also help if i printed receipts out at the time of purchase rather than doing email searches!

2 Likes

Meeting the locals down the pub. @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion Marrio says hi to you and Sam.

12 Likes

lol

Say ‘hi’ from us right on back next time you’re there Mick - bluddy ace boozer that is :+1:

7 Likes

Ordering a tonne of smokeless anthracite-based ovoids for delivery this Friday.

Last time I ordered them - £400

This time - £614

:grimacing:

I’m not googling it as it may spoil the best sentance I’ve read all day

1 Like

Installing and restoring a backup onto a replacement NAS.

I’ve got Mr Stabby the screwdriver.

What could possibly go wrong?

Just avoid a hand/screwdriver interface and all will be well.

Still recovering from stabbing myself in the hand with an ice pick a couple of weeks ago :laughing:

You’d be surprised at the number of people who hold a tool in one hand and then end up directing it at their other hand😁

1 Like

Disc assembled with only light casualties.

Restore running now after a bit of faffing. All the accounts and passwords had to change because they failed more modern complexity requirements.

Personally I can’t see what’s wrong with admin/tits123 :angry:

5 Likes

Unless one hand has a boxing glove on and the other is holding a box of Kleenex.

@Valvebloke may be able to advise :thinking:

4 Likes

I went for a stroll down memory lane in @htm_1968 ‘s neck of the woods to have a look at the John Lennon sculpture, which is better than the one at the airport imo

I still have the copies of Starman, Children of the revolution, All the young dudes that I bought at this branch of W.H. Smith

10 Likes

You were literally 150 meters from my house. You should have got in touch.

1 Like

Jeez this is painful.

It took ~7 hours to restore a Windows backup directory that I’d forgotten even existed.

Now finally onto music.

The music is actually going a lot faster than the PC backup. I’m guessing that would be because it’s smaller numbers of larger files - everything is > 20MB, not a few hundred kB or less. So more spiral write of data, less directory operations and seeking. Should have bought an SSD, no rotational latency there.

Yes, since I took the screenshot above it’s already up to 216GB. Previously it was advancing 0.01 of a GB at a time.

Doing my tax return :weary:

Mulching. Team building thing through work as part of this

http://www.onetreeperchild.com/

It was wet, windy and muddy. It was also fun. Only 15 minutes from my front door too. Have signed up to their email list so I can use up some of my flexi-time by helping out more regularly.

4 Likes

In the chestnut coppice. A lovely day to be out, unlike yesterday afternoon.

As someone said, we could have done with a horse

6 Likes

Not having a working dishwasher.