Today I have mainly been V5.0

Just back from drowning the dogs - Costa-del-Fuck-This:

2 Likes

Haha, livinā€™ the dream there mate.

1 Like

IKR? Just saw the pic from Ascona, and thought - ā€œI am really bad at life. And everything.ā€ :joy:

1 Like

Am getting Father Ted holiday vibes.

3 Likes

You think thatā€™s bad, I had to Google where it is :sob:

1 Like

I thought it was in Italy, which it almost kinda isā€¦

I thought it was a 1970ā€™s Opel saloon, in which case the occupants really needed to stop taking pics through the rear window and get out and enjoy the scenery.

2 Likes

Did you sort out a sensibly priced ticket in the end?

I was asking a friend who goes how he does it & he said heā€™s in something called First XV so seems to be offered them at reasonable prices. I presume First XV is some RFU scheme?

Yeah, i initially, because their ticketing page made them look like an official seller, and because Iā€™m an idiot, bought from Viagogo at 250 each. But l noticed a couple of weeks ago that i hadnā€™t had any confirmation so i checked my bank account and lo and behold the money had been refunded, but i had no notification from them at all. l :rage:

in the meantime I remembered Iā€™d joined the free level of the England supporters club years and years ago, and reactivated my membership. So I checked on the official ticketing site and managed to get better tickets for face value, Ā£137 each. :grinning:

Shame we were shite, but the SA fans are quite entertaining when theyā€™ve won so weā€™re enjoying the after match atmosphere.

6 Likes

Karmic adjustment - admittedly soaked on the trudge into town from the storm-wracked hillside, but The Anchor Inn took great care of us - some very well kept pints of this on draught:

Washing-down a straightforwardly perfect bass fillet with Thai trimmings - very decent chef in here if you happen to be around Swanage.

Great to see the dysfunctional fambly, too - everyone on good form, and even the doggos behaved - well, aside from Tara relieving someoneā€™s designer-mongrel of its chew-treat when I wasnā€™t looking :laughing:

Good soaking coming back, but the heating had been fixed in the meantime: bullet-dodgedā€¦

Hendrix doc on the TV now: life looking pretty good rn.

9 Likes

Total silence, other than the occasional wheezing of the terrifically badly built house.

I suspect that the same could not be said for MiLā€™s house rn with her and, through a combination of happenstance and cock-up, all three daughters.

ā€œface value, Ā£137 each.ā€

Outrageous

Mind you most of my regular international going was in the amateur era so a lot of things were different and nearly all tickets were distributed through the clubs.

In backup hell. Making, not restoring, a NAS backup.

I think Iā€™ve finally got the wagon rolling but Iā€™ve done repeated dumb for the first couple of hours of the day.

backblaze :+1:

1 Like

Never heard of it. From a quick squint that might end up being a good idea rather than the array of USB disks I currently use. Thank you.

Although the initial (1.5Tb) upload would be extremely painful.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: by the time itā€™s done it youā€™ll need a new HDD at home.

they have plugins for QNAP and synology, on the QNAP I use the builtin backup app and add the security key from backblaze, create a bucket and jobs a goodun.

Currently have just under 1TB in backblaze and it costs less than $5 per month

Took around 2 days for the initial 1 TB backup (Iā€™ve got 50 Mbps up)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a piece of damp string.

1 Like

If itā€™s photos, Amazon prime comes with unlimited photo and video storage. Good for a second backup, IMO

1 Like

98% music.