Today I have mainly been V5.0

It’s what counts as traffic news in bumpkin-shire.

This morning: locating, scanning and sending an old photo to a mate who I met last weekend (turns out the last time we met was in 2010).

His 16 year-old son thinks that he has recently invented the mullet, so the photo of mate with a maaaassive mullet, stonewashed jeans, the whole 9 yards is to educate him that “no son, this is what the 80s looked like”.

This afternoon: doing the AW/SS hat changeover. Which deteriorated into “hoover up a million dead moths from the top of the wardrobe, dig out and throw stuff that hasn’t seen the light of day for 10 years (with good reason) etc.”

#retired4life

5 Likes

Heading north. Now leaving Costa del Doric

4 Likes

Arisaig

Half a mile from Rhue Point

A&E Fort William! :person_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

Well, that turned out well :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oof! Hope it’s not too bad.

1 Like

Brief stop at Kirkwall, but I’m not getting off.

1 Like

Should be a nice calm crossing

They look like Action Man figurines.

So far it has been

1 Like

Doing this…

Again.

AGAIN !!!

Zap map review says?

Applying for my bus pass and being jealous of those that live in Greater London

1 Like

I believe that off-peak Fridays, recently introduced in a bid to get Friday activity back to pre-pandemic levels, also allow freedom pass carriers to travel at what would have been “peak” times.

Basically to get the bus before 9.30.

And TIL

Greater London residents aged 60 before 6 April 2010 were eligible for an OPFP, increasing progressively in line with the women’s state pension age to 66 from 2020 to about 2026.[2] London residents over 60 but below Freedom Pass age are eligible for a 60+ Oyster card on payment of £20, with all the benefits of the Freedom Pass within Greater London, but not valid on buses outside Greater London.

So basically 2 1/2 years and I (mostly) get the run of TfL for free. That’s pretty good :+1:

I remember years ago bus drivers saying ‘I had a load of twirleys on my route today’

A twirley being someone with an Old Age bus pass trying to get on before 9.30 and asking ‘Am I too early?’

2 Likes

You could have a run at an area the size of Wales if you lived in Wales.

Now here…

Lincolnshire’s flat they said. It’ll be fun they said…

8 Likes

It’s a lovely place.

9 Likes