Today I have mainly been

How did you get on with the Continentals?

The oak ones are for sale but the continentals aren’t going anywhere, will eventually get round to refinishing the cabs in white like the originals

It was fifteen years ago and After Quad ELS57’sI found the Treble and mid was wonderful much more expansive - I never really managed to get the bass sorted but only trIed them in one room

Never heard a pair of those DM 70s,always loved the look of them though.

They are virtually omni’s and work well in a big room…listen anywhere and not tied to the sweet spot. Bass is a quite loose but improves when Leak Sandwich drivers are fitted.
Takes me 30 mins to acclimatise but really enjoyable.

Sitting around reading the drivel posted on this forum and HFS. Off work with tendonitis in my feets.

nasty , hope it gets better soon

HFS? - agreed, very nasty :+1: Hope the owner gets some help with his mental health issues before too long…

6 Likes

Ow. Sympathies - hope it eases soon.

VB

Three weeks so far, wrecked my xmas break. It’s tolerable as long as I don’t spend too much time on my feets. Two days back at work delving into welders and other machinery, I had to run up the white flag.

I read it for the comedic content.:laughing:

I can believe it - it’s 2018’s equivalent of paying a Florin to go and poke the inmates of Bedlam with a stick…

3 Likes

I too peeked after the great purge of the tent. The HFS proprietor seemed very frustrated.

1 Like

It has its moments. The comprehensive debagging of Rabski was quite amusing. Mostly is is a sewer though…

HFS? Hastings Furniture Service?

Holistic Felching Society

Have seen this place referred to as a sewer on other fora, esp. V1.0 when ms mop was in control.:grinning:

1 Like

Home of Free Speech.

Can’t say I agree. Richard can be a daft bastard at times, but can’t say I take pleasure in seeing him humiliated. What was (and is) truly cringeworthy is the extent to which tongues are lodged up rectums among the regulars there - like some kind of hyper-repulsive angry middle-aged virgin human-centipede… My cringe muscles were cramping for days after my last masochistic browse over there…

disappointment_valley

4 Likes

Today has been all about Terry-the-fuckin’-social-worker !!

First was a depressed bloke, who was into self harming but decided he wanted to take it to the next level. Standing on a platform without his shirt bemoaning the fact that he can’t get a girlfriend. 7 minutes holding a train on the platform before I managed to get him into a corridor into the waiting arms of the British Transport Police.

Next was a Christian Fundamentalist scaring the bejeezus out of customers by shouting “fire and brimstone” into open train carriages. He was breaking several Public Order Byelaws, so I had to intervene.
After pissing him off by asking him to quieten down a little, he told me I would rot in Hell. When I wouldn’t back off, he called me “a manifestation of the Antichrist” which I thanked him for. He got a bit agitated at this but decided to make his way out of the station and to All Saints church (nearby), where he would pray for the recovery of my soul. I told him not to bother as it was beyond redemption.
The BTP turned up as he was crossing the road. Apparently, he is known to them and gets frustrated if he enters a discussion with an athiest who doesn’t take him seriously. So I win there. He’s also been beaten up more times than most. Which is sad.

Still, not a bad day…until my work iPad shit itself again. Now it won’t switch on as the button is jammed. Looks like my 3rd new one in 7 months.

12 Likes