Today I have mainly been

Yep, there’s a dozen or so in the BTJ :open_mouth:

I’m working Night shifts, so start at 2230 until 0630, so unlikely.

Must have been mistaken, I thought you built these.

I did, aleph 5s, I built them for my self but when I ended up with the aleph 30 back it was time for them to go.

replacing all the screws in the hinges on the doors the floorer replaced (the screws) yesterday. For some unknown reason when the flooring guy rehung the three doors yesterday, he used screws that were woefully undersized (in girth).

Result was two of the three doors had dropped overnight. Some of them were so loose, I reckon he must’ve just pushed them in by hand…

now that is fixed we can go and see if the trains to Brighton are running for the gig tonight

Supposed to be WFH, but all I have managed so far is making scrambled eggs and recreating Glastonbury Tor in snow

9 Likes

Get the cunt back to do the job properly FFS.

2 Likes

I know that’s exactly what I should do, but it is way more trouble than it’s worth - what with days off etc

Anyway I told the bathroom fitter who hired him as part of the refit.

Floorlayers are not carpenters - what did you expect?

1 Like

Skulking around avoiding the phone, eating doughnuts that are just about on the turn and watching Strike Back.

1 Like

They love chopping off the bottom of your door with their blunt cutter. Leave it for the chippy :rage:

He didn’t have to cut or plane the doors, just take them off to run the floor and the hardwood threshold strips.

Just take off, lay a floor and rehang.

I would have done it myself but my knees are shagged and I can’t spend a lot of time kneeling.

Anyway it’s all done now and we’re on a train to Brighton - to see The Beat, and The Selector play tonight

1 Like

Cunt blutter - the spooner version is so apt! :grinning:

3 Likes

Snowing heavily here now!

Watching a software release go down the toilet.

By the time it goes live the only change that won’t have been reverted will be fixing a typo in a comment.

Trying to keep calm and carry on smiling during a discussion about brexit. Normally not to hard to do, but this pair are blaming all our fuck ups on the EU negotiation team putting up a blocking wall. They are so convinced the UK is so fucking special the EU will have no choice other than to rollover and it’s belly rubbed in order to keep trading with us.

1 Like

Just arrived - very light slushy snow

Don’t slip over in your dancing shoes :grinning:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Now the entire team has been told to drop everything and work out exactly what is in the release.

As ever, you really couldn’t make this shit up.