Single night? Barely counts as camping, but I would recommend taking -
- Stuff for a fire and chairs to sit round it
- Lots of booze, especially spirits. Jagermeister is a great warmer as the evening chill sets in
- ingredients for spicy food - something simple like a chilli or even better burrito/ quesadilla street food that requires no plates and therefore less washing up
- music, camping playlist is largely dub reggae, hence…
- Something leafy to smoke to make everything go nice
- if there be wimmin, then thick fleeces, blankets, wine and marshmallows and skewers too
You generally end up in that spot, whether you are looking for it or not.
If you do need to piss in a bucket in the middle of the night remember to put something absorbent in the bottom of the bucket or you’ll wake up the whole campsite
I tilt the bucket. Means I don’t have to get out of bed.
Try and find a wasps nest and pitch there,most campers won’t go near,so there will be loads of room for the kids to play
Might write a camping guide book one day
You is a natural at this.
And make sure to forget either tent pegs or poles.
That is a must.
Amyl Nitrate and a picture of Fiona Bruce.
Check the weather forecast
Take care erecting the tent if it’s windy
Choose your campsite carefully
After a drink, make sure you get in the tent before closing the door
Choose your sleeping partner according to your tastes
Oh you mean not this sort of camping?
Is that our esteemed Mr Leibowski?
Blow up mattress, duvet, you, another duvet and a blanket. Don’t forget the finest pillows you can afford. It will still be shit, but at least you will be warm.
I went to the same college as Fiona Bruce.
Yeah, about twenty years before her though