Turntables

I think finding a DP-80 in the UK, let alone under £1k is a challenge! The DP-3000 was <£100 and in mint condition, other than the speed issue. If its an easy fix then bonus, if not then I’ve not lost too much!

wow - just had a look and seems I am well out of date on prices

I got mine from Japan, imported to Greece by a very nice chap who then serviced, modded it for UK voltage, replaced the caps and did a couple of mods and posted it on to me for £900 all inclusive (was a while ago mind so perhaps I am out of date). The plinth was from BobC who had made a fancy one for someone and he was selling it off cheap.

3 Likes

A friend has just taken delivery of one of these on demo…Shall report his considerations when he’s done

5 Likes

I suspect Luxman fans will be interested but I couldn’t see myself parting with £4.5k for a t/t with a fixed arm.

YMMV

1 Like

Nor would I…however he has hit that point in his HiFi journey where as little FaF as possible is a primary…Not sure that its as he isn’t merely bored and fancied a play TBH…

I did offer him a nice Techy SL-10 :rofl:

1 Like

Lol.

With the caveat that I have’t heard the Luxman, I would be more inclined to spend my cash on a nice SP-10 and a suitable arm.

3 Likes

I think I’d rather have an all the bells Funk LSD with the Fx3 arm for Less than half the price. £4.5k seems ludicrous for a fairly basic belt drive.

2 Likes

As an update, the Michell Tecnodec arrived so I’ll get that all up and running next week when I’m back home. The DP-3000 should be on its way here next week, see if I can get it running correctly.

As an aside, I appear to also have inherited a Thorens TD-160B Mk2 (with what looks like a Mayware Formula Arm) which has been sat in a garage for 15-odd years.
Over at the Mother-In-Laws and clearing out lots of stuff, and Viv’s dad who passed away ~5 years ago had a 90s system all boxed up. Looks like a Kenwood Amp, Marantz CDP, Pioneer DVD player and I think a tuner. Once I’ve got it home, tested I’ll put it up in the free section, if anyone wants some bits for a child/second system.

8 Likes

2 out of 3…

7 Likes

Interested in how they compare Rob.