Twitchers Revisited

We have seen fieldfares in our garden for the first time. Guess the snow has brought them in looking for food.

1 Like

We had three of them this morning. They have stripped the cotoneaster of berries. Now the snow is melting, I doubt we’ll see them again!

Should have the read this first. Will keep an eye out for other unusual visitors

Another bake then Pete? :wink:

2 Likes

I spotted four new visitors yesterday.

Thinking of having one when work on house finished, maybe May. Would be good to get outside as well.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Fuckin’ size of that thing :flushed:

A small one of them swooped right over my head to fish while I was sitting on the beach at Broadford on the Isle of Skye years ago - absolutely fucking shat myself :joy:

Breakfast is served. Apologies for crappy phone pic

3 Likes

Tara would love to come over and see to that lot.

Fattening them up for dinner?

1 Like

Louise said “ooh dinner” when I showed her the picture. It is noticeable she doesn’t say the same for the wood pigeons or squirrel that appear in our garden.

She needs to try them - both are delicious :+1:

I found squirrel a disappointment. It was a Grey, so an American that was fat and lacking taste.

4 Likes

Like Rabbit, they need a bit of time to age and careful cooking I reckon. Can be chewy-tough little buggers.

Best use of squirrel I found was to mince the fuckers and make them into burgers.

2 Likes

:+1: Casserole, stew, curry - long and slow - all good too.

we have had them both - I love pigeon. She finds them both too gamey

Got to be careful with squirrel… may contain nuts.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does your carer know you’ve got the Institute’s laptop again?

2 Likes