Twitchers Revisited

:worried:

Fuck - I hate humans.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

A planet with no humans. Paradise.

1 Like

Coming soon to a planet near here

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it’ll probably be no life at all.

Meanwhile, people actually trying to improve the situation have to suffer mindless shit from certain quarters. Greta Thunberg is getting slaughtered by wankers on social media ad Chris Packham gets this crap

2 Likes

Saw these three Mandarins around this time last year but never managed to have a camera with me and they disapperaed after about a week.
Saw them again on Friday evening, (again without a camera!) but after 3 days of searching the reservoir I finally managed to find them again tonight.:grin:

Pity it was so overcast as their feathers really come alive in the sun.

11 Likes

Great pics, Paul. There are quite a few established breeding colonies around the country, even making it up to Scotland. All are descended from escaped (or released) birds.

2 Likes

We have 3 in our local pond on the common.

Just seen a magpie attacking and then flying off with a sparrow from my garden - a couple of other sparrows (parents presuambly) were trying to fight it off and get it to leave it alone.

:heart_eyes:

The golf course is covered with remains of eggs, not sure if crows/magpies or foxes.
The eggs look too big for ground nesting birds and the pheasant chicks are up and running so too late for them, so probably crows

Loads of replies from this part of the Thames valley describing red kites in groups (not sure I’d call them flocks). Sometimes they all sem to be attracted to the same food source - on occasion I’ve counted more than twenty over Sutton Courtenay refuse dump as I’ve been walking the footpath past it. But for all I know they could simply be twenty individuals.

VB

1 Like

There was an amazingly successful reintroduction of Red Kites in the Chilterns. So successful they can only estimate the numbers.

https://www.chilternsaonb.org/red-kites

1 Like

Spent a couple of hours walking round Fairburn Ings, a RSPB nature reserve with loads of pools giving a natural habitat to both residents and passers through.

Saw loads of birds, mostly of the paddling / floating type. Raining too much to take the camera. I’m crap at naming bird types but one I identified later was a spoonbill which I believe is in transit.

1 Like

Seen a lot of these on the golf course lately

(not my pic)

1 Like

I havent seen a birdie on the golf course for fucking ages.

Ithaaaaangyew. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m sure behind your back their are plenty of members flipping you the bird.:fu:

Spring migrants starting to arrive here. 2 Common Cranes at Funzie, which I managed to miss, despite looking for an hour!

Red-necked Phalaropes have started to appear (earliest was 8th May, which is very early)

A couple of nice ‘Dunters’ (Eider Duck) were at Aith, along with a distant Great Northern Diver in summer plumage.

Record shot of the Diver, which was a very long way off the shoreline

Looking at the weather forecast, the next few days could be very interesting.

3 Likes