Velvet Vortex ultrasonic vinyl cleaner

Bought this off the back of a tip from another forum, cheap so worth a punt. Works a treat. Unanimous thumbs up from those that bought one. One guy commented it does a better job than his DS Audio Ioniser.

Just swing it about a bit 1cm over the revolving record.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0852VJ6RD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I find most of the 180g stuff just a gimmick mainly
Especially when you listen to something as dynamic as two tribes on thin vinyl

4 Likes

My boss said he has started ordering 2 copies of new vinyl, one to return. I thought he was joking at first, but actually not a bad idea.

1 Like

ā€œPlasma Arc Lighterā€
Sounds like another very good reason to play CD only after a ā€˜certain timeā€™ of the evening :grinning:

Interesting. I wonder how much of the effect is due to ions being generated and how much due to deep-ish UV light which is quite good at discharging charged things. Does the room smell of ozone after the plasma arcā€™s been running ?

VB

Yes, there is a slight smell, doesnā€™t last but stronger if you get closer to the record surface.

The latest Velvet Vortex user sent me some pictures of an unplayable charity shop find.

20 Likes

Iā€™ve been considering one of these machines since getting back in to my hi fi and music after a long absence, tried contact page on website but couldnā€™t get through, trying to find out what sort of current delivery times are like and the best way of ordering.

Regards

1 Like

@Spider will help you out. Iā€™ve got one and am really pleased with it.

1 Like

Yes I was hopeful that I could make contact as all that has been written has given it glowing reports, as a new member here I may not have all the privileges that long standing members have and direct contact does not seem to be possible at the moment.
Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Tim will surely be along to help you out shortly :+1:

1 Like

I always thought that you got all of your privileges on day 1 and gradually had them removed as you upset the mods over time.

8 Likes

You should be able to PM now.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s how it worked for me. I got banned almost instantly :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi Iain
PM sent

Thatā€™s because you are special mate.

Thatā€™s because you hit the ground running.

2 Likes

Replied to your message

Thanks

1 Like

Latest customer feedback.

Just cleaned Japanā€™s ā€˜Quiet lifeā€™- wowser it has come up sounding very, very nice indeed!

Hi Iain.
I sent all the info you asked for Iain. Have you received it?