Want an SME arm? Tough

Bit greedy…:grinning:

All with zero mileage for at least the last five years…

Not quite, 3 1/2 yrs actually. And apart from the 3012, none of them have done more than 50 hrs from new.

I suspect the 3000 series are a separate market, the iv, v, and xii will be proper money spinners. Hence I will never be able to own one.

I’m not convinced. There are thousands of them out there.

Mind you, some of them are absolute duffers and they still seem to sell on eBay for stupid money.

They have stopped all oem work totally a while back.

Kondo might have had a heads up too, because when I spoke to them earlier this year about the Kondo branded SME XII they showed no concern about supply at all.

The ginga is no longer being manufactured in any case, which is rather sad, as its a fine turntable and superbly crafted thing.

1 Like

Bugger.

I’m never going to be able to afford a bloody V now, am I? :rage:

Can still pick up a used one for £2-2400

I can’t believe I paid £850 for my IV with optional fluid damper about 7yrs ago. Try buying it used for that now. The RRPs are silly money nowadays.

Bob, you’re back, where have you been hiding all this time.

Surprised you didn’t blag one from ARA back in the day. Mine’s got ‘Not for re-sale’ stamped on the bottom. Mind you, I prefer listening to the 3012. :smiley:

Getting a bit thin for arms as Jelco calls it a day.

1 Like

Wow, that’s surprising.

I would have thought they were one of the better sellers at the relatively budget end of the market

Kinell

Given what they say about tooling and labour I’m surprised they brought out the new range recently.
The second hand market might be helping to put manufacturers out of business, maybe (covid reasons aside).

Wow, didn’t see that one coming.

Depends on the financial support I suppose, it really doesn’t take much to kill off a small independent company when cash flow evaporates.

0ff

Dying Hobby Continues To Die During Period Of Death, Shocker!

Shame, but these newfangled CDs spell trouble for the turntable I reckon…

Sales of vinyl are going up but I guess a lot of this is to hipsters with their £99 usb spinners

A pity. The 12" one I had was very good value & decent sounding too. Maybe a little vague but never offensive.