Wanted: Cool running power amp

It probably has some from of sliding bias like Krell etc. The Aleph dissipates about 3 times its rated power in heat, so for the aleph 2 about 300w per monoblock.

I say keep the aleph 2 for summer. And get some Aleph 1.2s for winter.

Just had a read of the manual, only the SA thresholds are what you would normally consider class A. The S300 is basically class A/B with a funky topology. (Class a Voltage stage with an A/B current boot strap).

The appearance of those amps is odd in that they are simultaneously vulgar and banal which is a hard trick to pull off. The colour is like a mk 1 Scirocco that I had, a bit like this one.

2 Likes

Nice car, my sister had one just like that.
But you are wrong about the amps. They look very stylish and classy to my eyes and sounded really good to when I heard a pair. And don’t forget the nice crate and white gloves.:+1:

The wooden suitcase is amazing. I am inspired.

I’m sure they’re much nicer looking in the flesh. Anyway the appearance isn’t overly important provided the SQ is up to snuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :+1:

Quad 405 ? Doesn’t sound of anything really (maybe that’s not a bad thing though).

VB

Pretty sure it’s the heat output rather than the temperature per se that’s important here.

Amptastic. Jerry rates them very highly.

1 Like

I love how you need 100W with horn speakers :joy::wink:

I think they need to be made active, @coco can design some horrifc toob crossover, then you could run class A stuff all year on the horn and a boring amp on the bass.

1 Like

Yes, Jerry rates everything he happens to like, or has had for all of 2 mins before reselling very highly :joy:

1 Like

He would make a perfect dealer.

Hmmm, why didn’t Acapella think of that?

…besides, I’d still have 4 class A amps heating the room up anyway…

Drill a couple of holes in the wall and put the Alephs in the porch

That’s not a bad idea Paul, the pre to power interconnects would need to be pretty long though.

Design a convoluted, steampunk inspired heat exchange water cooling system that routes to your fish tank.

Thank me later.

2 Likes

I’m sure R Dunce would design you a cool running amp - problem solved right there.

Comes with power lead, white gloves and fire extinguisher as standard.

Can’t you just put your Daisy Dukes on if it gets hot?

2 Likes