Wanted: Turntable upgrade

As it appears that I quite like the sound/hassle/expense of vinyl, I think that it’s time for me to spend some cash improving my turntable. I currently have an Inspire Quest Force 10 with Audiomods 6 arm and a Hana SL cartridge. I’m going to get a Hana ML cartridge in the next few weeks. I have a BigBottle 3 valve phono stage. My rack is on a concrete floor, so bouncy decks are possible.

Is it worth upgrading the Inspire and if so, to what? Budget of up to £5k (not that you’ll take any notice of that!) and has to fit on to a top shelf sized 515x480mm.

I think a fancy £5k turntable mat would be money well spent here.

5 Likes

Hahahahahaha

You mean ALL the cash :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Bonus points if it ceased production thirty years ago after fifteen were made and @pmac owns ten of them.

7 Likes

STST

6 Likes

+1

The Motus II is the biggest bargain in turntabledom*

*yes, it Is a word, I’ve just made it up.

3 Likes

new or used?

STST
Michell Orbe
Dr Feikert
Rega 10
Kuzma Stabi S

The last price I saw for the Motus II was about £6.5k. I’m not sure I want to spend that much.

Pink Triangle Anniversary
Voyd
Alphason
The Source
:grin:

2 Likes

Either. If used, I’d like to know that it came from a good home!

Well I certainly have one of those that I would be willing to part with :wink:

1 Like

The width dimension means that a 12" arm might be an issue but a well sorted 301/401 in a Moldovan plinth with an FR64 fx (10") would be a decent shout & within budget

2 Likes

I want to get rid of my TTs and just leave the P8 so…

PT Anni + SME IV for £3500
TD124 mk2 + FR64s + Tenuto mat for £3000

6 Likes

If I were in the market for a new turntable, I’d be all over this Pioneer heavyweight:

Damn your eyes Lebowski.

2 Likes

Very interested in the PT.

I’ve tried messaging Chris (@thebiglebowski) about the PT but they don’t appear in my list.

they don’t until the other person reads or replies to it.

1 Like

He’s playing hardball

2 Likes

Slightly over-budget - at just £6,450 - Shun Mook ebony briar record clamp: EVERYTHING else is for pussies and you might as well just throw your vinyls in the bin than play them without one…

12 Likes