Clocks on cocks (Part 1)

How will you wind your watch?

3 Likes

I always wear watches on my right wrist as well and I donā€™t know why and before you ask how I wind it, I do that before I put it on. :smile:

I think it is because I usually wear them loose on my wrist and I donā€™t like the crown digging into the back of my hand when Iā€™m doing something.

You need to ask Jim how he makes his on-demand burley.:smile:

yep.

2 Likes

Borg watch

anyone recommend a place to sell a nice ladies Rolex? Colleague of mine wishes to sell his late wifeā€™s ladies Rolex. He told me was going to ebay it, but was looking for an outlet that he perceives to be less of a risk.

If bricks and mortar, then itā€™ll need to be Cambs/Herts/London

Not too far from you, in Bishopā€™s Stortford.

2 Likes

Have a chat with Domā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s where i went to buy the Zenith :+1:

2 Likes

anyone got any recent contact details? the one I have from when he repaired one of my watches are out of date

I try and avoid looking at their website, they have many nice things !

1 Like

Chrono24 is a site like ebay, but just for watches.

1 Like

Blowers in Hull worth a call.

Excellent on Rolex and big client list.

1 Like

Watchfinder will buy Rolex for cash. Maybe not the best price, but very safe.

1 Like

Saw some advice on a watch forum about Watchfinders. Never accept their first offer, if they want the watch they will always up the amount if you decline their lowest one.

2 Likes

thank you everyone - lots to go on. I have been out of watch wearing and collecting, since I had my smart watch. Iā€™m familiar with all the suggestions, but my memory needed jogging. I have passed it all on to my colleague.

Please let me know which Rolex and what your offers are, as I may want one for my middle daughters special present.

2 Likes

:+1:

Cut out the middle man. And the mob of loons and scammers (Rolex attracts them like flies) on eBay.

1 Like

I think he has already realised thatā€¦

Well I have ordered myself my first new watch in well over a decade (I have not been a regular watch wearer ever), https://www.casio-europe.com/fr/produits/montres/collection/ae-2000wd-1avef/

1 Like