Clocks on cocks (Part 1)

That is feckin hideous.

Itā€™s got itā€™s own escape pod strapped on the side!

:see_no_evil:

Looks more like a holder for a cyanide capsule, for when it all gets too much and you realise what a hideous watch you have bought !

6 Likes

It was about Ā£90. Most of it is an Amphibian 150, but custom hands, dial and bezel.

1 Like

Lot of good-taste envy going-on in this thread. Sad.

Bargain! And that does explain why thereā€™s nothing like it out there. ā€œAgent Orangeā€ cost Ā£87 ex-display. Big budget stuff for meā€¦ :open_mouth:

Continued its travels and headed North to Erlanger, North Kentucky and then on to Birmingham, not Alabama but Birmingham UK. Now in my grubby little mitts.
RRP of $525, actual cost including postage and import duties Ā£115, 3 year International guarantee, watch tags and instruction booklet and a stated accuracy of +/- 10 seconds a year.
Only one problem, itā€™s a bit blingy for me, I donā€™t know whether I like it and having scrawny wrists at 42mm it looks rather big. Well you canā€™t have everything I suppose.

Err, pics please.

Also info on where you ordered it from would be good :+1:

1 Like

Just had a letter from Christopher Ward and amongst the marketing yak, is a code for Ā£100 off >Ā£500 purchases in case anyone is interested: 100SUN18 - valid 'til June 30th.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WATCHES-HALF-PRICE?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Arrived totally unmarked and in pristine condition.

1 Like

Very 1970s.

You havenā€™t seen me dance. :grinning:

Tuning fork goodness :+1:

If thatā€™s a modern bulova it uses their precisionist / ā€˜super crystalā€™ whatever itā€™s called to give you a hi-beat / spring drive like second hand sweep.
I have a modern bulova and although the styling is a bit fussy the sweep on the second had is something marvelous to behold. Eats batteries faster than penances vibrator though.

My daily wearer is an apple watch - itā€™s just too useful to not wear now, especially as Iā€™ve become a bit of a gym bunny after a health wake up call. Iā€™ll wear my Seiko OM if iā€™m going swimming though and iā€™ve a couple of low rent ā€˜going outā€™ watches (Armani, Parnis, Bulova ) and sentimental fake Monaco I bought in Thailand when I was young and stupid.

Must say Iā€™m liking the vostok amphibians in this thread but my current object of wrist lust is the new Tudot BB GMT, unliikely iā€™ll ever scrape together the necessary unallocated funds to afford it given all the other stuff I want / need / have to pay but itā€™s nice to dream.

Yep, itā€™s an accutron 11, basically a modified precisionist, a tad less accurate but this saves on battery life. Youā€™re right the second hand sweeps like a quality mechanical jobby. As I said a bit blingy for me but it oozes a good quality feel about it. The precisionists by the nature of the gubbins inside need a much bigger case, scrawny wrists prohibit the purchase of such an accurate timekeeper.

Like some of Bulovaā€™s efforts, really fancy an original Spaceview if I ever have the Ā£Ā£ to spare.

1 Like

Dropped the Mark XII in at Heptinstalls the other day. Got a call yesterday with the estimate. The description of the work required was all quite long and involved; it would have been much faster to say ā€œitā€™s shaggedā€.

Still, the estimate was a lot lower than even a basic service had I sent it back to IWC, so Iā€™m looking forward to getting it sorted even though I hardly wear a watch at all these days.

Wantā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s nice.

not the rumored 10k euro nice thoughā€¦

Thatā€™ll be me out then !