Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

Shuttit fool!

1 Like

White chocolate hot cross bun bread and butter pudding at a local kitchen-pretty damn good…

2 Likes

Blimey! :heart_eyes:

Waitrose “Essentials” again this morning - these hit the nail on the cross every time - toasted to borderline blackness and with lashings of SALTED butter!

And while I’m forced to type more shit because “body too similar to what you previously posted”: I really, Really, REALLY fucking HATE this forum’s retarded nannying fucking software :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

3 Likes

hmm, I don’t get that…

Maybe because I haven’t typed every fecking word/phrase in the known universe three times already :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

On the toasted versus oven warmed topic, I discovered “oven warmed for a bit too long” today, and actually it worked really well - a bit crispy on the outside, and that worked well with the glaze.

“Just warm” isn’t enough, it seems.

I do sometimes. I guess I’m getting a bit repetitive.
I guess I’m getting a bit repetitive.

1 Like

I have been nagged by the rest of the family to make more. Think that may be my task for tomorrow

I want to know what you do, I used the same recipe but did something wrong.

Well I might just try doing it with bread flour rather than the brioche flour that I have been using up to now.

Toasted up they are more than passable actually.

Surprisingly.

tl:dr. Too busy eating bun.

3 Likes

Jam? Over a thousand posts and you have learnt nothing. :triumph:

That butter looks suspiciously pale too. :thinking:

2 Likes

That there is Lurpak butter. Salted and spreadable. No airs or graces here.

These buns are visually ugly, they smell peculiar but they do taste ok when toasted.

I’m not sure if it is my paternal feelings coming into play, in a similar way that a parent loves an ugly child, clouding my judgement tho.

It’s margarine. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Felt like a change, so gentle meatfolk, I give you the sausage ‘n’ sriracha bun!

Sriracha has a hint of garlic, so this was a real flavourbomb!!! :yum::heart_eyes::yum::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

What is that? Lunch, afternoonses, tea? The timing is wrong the combination is wrong, the butter is wrong. It’s adding up to a whole lot of wrong.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I dont think there is any coming back from this for Jim.

4 Likes

Didn’t your Mother ever tell you - three rongs make a right - and this was soooooo right :heart_eyes:

2 Likes