What albums have you bought lately?

Couple of LPs from the record and DVD shop in Moffat - bought the day before Aretha passed away.

4 Likes

Love the FBB :+1:

1 Like

Keep On Steppin’ is a cracker

Yep still to get a copy :slightly_frowning_face:

Your patience will be rewarded Wayne :+1:

1 Like

Bardo Pond - Under The Pines

Bardo Pond - Volume 8

3 Likes

Yes it’s bloody excellent, £8 :wink:

1 Like

Result :+1:

Don’t recognise that AF album but a quite a few of her 80’s albums had contributions from Marcus Miller and Luther Vandross :+1::+1:

Who’s zoomin’ who

Wiki:

In an interview with *[Rolling Stone] magazine, Franklin said she wanted to do “a record with a younger sound to it. I’d been listening to the radio and I really liked what I heard. I figured to myself that it was time for me to do something serious.”

The album’s lead single, "[Freeway of Love] produced by Narada Michael Walden, was one of Franklin’s biggest singles. It held the number-one position on the Billboard chart for five consecutive weeks. “Freeway of Love” also won a [Grammy Award] for Best Female Vocal Performance.The follow-up single was the album’s title track, which reached number two on the R&B chart as well as number seven on Billboard 's Hot 100. It also returned Franklin to the top 10 on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary chart.

Also in 1985, Franklin recorded a duet with the British duo, Eurythmics on the song Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves. The single was a top-10 entry in the UK, and was added to later pressings of the Who’s Zoomin’ Who? album.

With this album, Franklin established herself as a star of music video. Popular videos for “Freeway of Love”, “Sisters” and “Another Night” enjoyed heavy rotation on MTV. At the time of its release, Franklin rated Who’s Zooming Who? as one of her best albums ever. The album was ranked number 89 in Rolling Stone 's 100 Greatest Albums of the '80s.

:grinning:

Ok I’m a fud

1 Like

No I didn’t know it either just happened on it, that’s the nice thing about vinyl. If you go to Moffat check the shop out, he has some good stuff plus a small Wicker Man movie display, which you may like Allan :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks a good wee shop - if I’m in the area will check it out Ben. :+1:

I have bought several of the ACR reissues. They are uniformly excellent. There is a new compilation due out called Set with a couple of new tunes.

It’s just another attempt for me to try to get into them Olan.
We shall see, I guess.

1 Like

Picked up a copy of The Cure Acoustic Hits on vinyl yesterday on a day out in Norwich. Excellent except disk one has side a of John Mellencamp Sad Clowns & Hillbillies pressed onto side b. Not sure if worth returning or if this makes it collectable in any way.

1 Like

Yesterday’s haul.

1 Like

The original release has been selling for ÂŁ500+ so i was glad to see that it has been reissued saving myself ÂŁ350 :smiley:

The new 6LP American Treasure set looks good too.

1 Like

Bleep sale.
Three John Carpenter lps all half price (the limited edition colours, with the standards still full price!)