What albums have you bought lately?

Half an hour in the record shop yesterday managed to find these

5 Likes

Velvets Loaded. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Very tidy '72 UK press.

1 Like

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sex and Food

@crimsondonkey Great album, loads of Prince influence here. Love it.

2 Likes

UMO have really changed their sound, i didn’t like the last one but I’ll give it a go,

1 Like

LP

and

LP

both the fault of that fucker @Stepmotheratomicbomb

Twunt !

4 Likes

Returned to the shop today as the record was very badly dished and noisy. Turns out that it wasn’t just the copy I bought. The replacement copy is slightly dished but usable, plus it is signed by the artists. I also got a free CD copy, which was nice.

6 Likes

Eight years since the last LP. This a pre-order for release September 7th. London gig announced for 21st September and a gig in Paris on 23rd. Now I have to avoid listening to any leaks etc before the LP comes out. :cold_sweat:

Details here:

2 Likes

sounds very nice, how’s the vinyl pressing?

7 out of 10 fairly reasonable for a new release.

1 Like

Not that taken by what I’ve heard so far tbh.

1 Like

Granted it is nowhere near the peaks of ‘Laser Guided Melodies’ and/or ‘Pure Phase’, but it is going to be a Spiritualized LP, and that means gig and other nice stuff. All of this is a good thing.

They peaked with “Anyway that you want me” :grinning:

Seriously though, I used to love seeing them play.
I’ve enjoyed some of the solo/small form collabs Jason’s done from time to time, but the main albums don’t say much to me.
I’m not sure how much more Best-of-SM3 concerts I can take from Pete-please something new or an EAR gig…but anyway…
Actually, his Spaceman 2 gig in London worked well for me and their set was a bit more mellow than usual for it.

Extra £14 for a cardboard box, a 24 page booklet and some orange vinyl colouring?

Hmmm.

2 Likes

Not for me.
Download and cd thrown in would be better. As the standard one has the download I’m happy. Unless it’s mp shite

2 Likes

My thoughts too.

I’ll probably end up with the plain version too because reasons.

:disappointed:

Like the track on the link but suspect that quality will vary on the full length album. If it gets to double figure plays on Tidal then I might buy a plain standard edition.

I love orange.

Not yellow!

A visit to Wanted Records in Bristol, always a danger to the wallet. One I’ve been after a while with a nigh on mint record inside the Zippo style cover, The Wailers, Catch A Fire.

5 Likes