What I'm watching (Part 1)

Youssou N’Dour at the proms.

Loving it.

1 Like

Only one episode in but enjoying it already.

1 Like

Just the last three eps of season 2 for me now. I’ve enjoyed it immensely, Benedict Wong is wonderful in it.

1 Like

There is actual UK (WWF style) wrestling on ITV at the moment.

:relaxed:

Next you’ll be telling us there is a bloke jumping over 13 buses on a motorbike.

70’s throwback TV

2 Likes

Watched some of the Proms last night. Saxophinist Jess Gillam was amazing. So young, so talented.

Very local to me. She used to play in the School brass band and the town band. That school, Ulverston Victoria, has the kind of music teacher that just inspires pupils, he runs an orchestra, a swing band and a woodwind band. They tour all over the UK and abroad. Him and his staff are one hell of a team.

3 Likes

She certainly knows how to play with enthusiasm and has such control of her instrument. It felt like she could switch genres without hestitation. I can see her performing on a wide range of material in the future.

Yes, she was impressive and she’s been doing a stint as a commentator too over the last week or three.

I have to admit though that once the second half got started I quit and dialed up last week’s rendition of the Elgar cello concerto for another listen (starts at 14 mins here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bhwdnw/bbc-proms-2018-elgar-cello-concerto). He did a very creditable job, I thought.

VB

Watched ‘Solace’ last night, pretty poor euthanasia vehicle…

3 Likes

Finished Dark and greatly enjoyed it, I’ve already started watching it through again, as you miss so much.

Highly recommended (as is concentrating on who is related to who🤓).

1 Like

I think season 2 is going to be full on random head fucking.

1 Like

The Handmaids Tale — Season 2

1 Like

mmm when was that on , must have been good

Friday night.

1 Like

Battle of Britain: Model Squadron. C4, now.

Top British and German RC model flyers re-enact pivotal dogfights from the BoB.

At the risk of trivialising the actuality, this looks like top-notch fun…

This is very funny. Started on BBC 2 this Sunday evening.

1 Like

Bodyguard spoilers ahead

I actually had a semi on thinking they’d been brave enough to bump off both main characters in the one episode.

2 Likes