What I'm watching (Series 2)

4 Likes

The English

One episode to go & fully agree. Plenty of the Sergio Leone / Ennio Morricone influence going on alongside the spectacular imagery.

Dark.

6 Likes

Messi

BBC1

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

EKc6TBKXUAYAShZ

This David Baddiel?

Not to diminish racism against Jews but he was guilty of some nasty stereotyping back in the day which I think he’s rightly apologised for now.

1 Like
4 Likes

yes and a bit sad that it took him 25 years to apologise for it.

The podcast apology was in the show and I think it was only done as he knew he would be confronted for it when the book was released.

Jason lee didn’t look impressed and couldn’t really engage eye contact (I don’t blame him)

1 Like
3 Likes

Started the first episode tonight and a little too early tell if I am going to stick with it to the end. However the opening Hotel scene is shot in a hotel we plan to spend a couple of night in next March. It’s The Okura Tokyo which although was first opened in the 60’s was pulled down and rebuilt in the past few years. However they have reproduced the stunning lobby of the original.

3 Likes

Amazing Interiors. Wtf is wrong with people?

Nice, my teacher is the aikido teacher in this. Have been waiting for it to finally get to iPlayer to see him.

2 Likes

Still haven’t got around to watching that, for some reason.

Indeed a shame the original interiors were lost but the work that went into the replacements is certainly impressive.

1899 on Netflix.

Unsure.

It’s on my list to watch next :grimacing:

It’s intriguing but unsure how much.

I’m watching Red Light a Belgium series on Ch 4 catch-up

Allegedly a hopelessly slow start.
Followed by what is a mixed critical bag.

Dark was good. Then it wasn’t. Hope this builds on the best bits of the early series.