What I'm watching (Series 2)

Oh it’s fucking dire, they’ve tried to make it funny but the script and dialogue is atrocious. Just comes across as cheesy with really hammed up acting.

It’s much much worse than eternals.

1 Like

Frozen planet 2
What 4K was made for
But baby bison getting killed by a bear is very sad

1 Like

The Blues Brothers.

John Landis, 1980

Perfection.

Rawhide! Round 'em upah!

1 Like

For part of the film and judging from the poster, I’d hoped it was going to be ironically retro. Perhaps this was the goal but the Thor character from previous films basically gets assassinated, reduced past the usual Earth / Asguard lost in translation dumb to just full power Dumb. Which is precisely what I felt for paying to watch this.

When I watched this with my kids they described it as “Like a musical, but you know, actually good”

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s the only good musical.

:face_with_monocle:

High_society1956_poster

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Everything Everywhere All at Once

I’ve sat here for 5 minutes trying to think what to say about this film. It dawns on me writing something coherent would not do this justice. It is completely absurd but fascinating, funny, mundane, spectacular pointless, moronic, surreal even annoying. What it is trying to do is too big for any film. It is about life, love and the futility of it all depicted in fantastical nonsensical twin turbo technicolor. If you crave weird, this will deliver. I still can’t quite tell if I loved it or hated it.

6 Likes

It’s in my queue, which is code for “I will never get around to watching it”.

I like Michelle Yeoh, especially in Crouching Tiger.

It is ambitious and knowingly flawed, I guess there are elements of a lot of films in here Lucy / Martrix etc etc it is kind of a series of shorts, but it’s not - Tough one to explain, the critics seem to have liked it

I thought it was brilliant and even better second time around.

It’s all about the bagels.

1 Like

I’m erring on the side of loved it.

1 Like

I utterly loved it. So absurd, so much fun

1 Like

Cheery viewing of the documentary unlawful killing by Keith Allen

Mayor of Kingstown - started off ok but got steadily more unbelievable and poorly filmed as the show progressed. Yellowstone is a much more mature effort from Sheridan.

Going to try 1883 from him next.

4 Likes

But.does.it.really?

2nd episode and its vacuous drivel so far with ham acting and zero plot

Is it worth the effort?

He directed me in the IKEA advert I did.

8 Likes

Brilliant - dare I ask what he is like to work with ?

Amelie is one of my favourite films - sublime.