What I'm watching (Series 2)

3 Likes

They’re much more eloquent as well

My thoughts exactly. Ending was ok but don’t really see how they could have made it better. I think it went on for too long, would have been better if they’d wrapped it up a season ago and made it a bit shorter and punchier.

1 Like

1st 3 episodes of the new Sally Rooney drama Conversations with Friends. We quite enjoyed Normal People and this is more of that kind of carefully observed drama. Very easy to watch.

Yep I agree. The previous season, it was so so intense and pacy, and the ending was really shocking and powerful. This last season they just lost that momentum, and it felt like it was all just kind of thrown together for the sake of it. The story wasn’t that strong. I still enjoyed it, because the acting and atmosphere are always superb, but it could’ve done with a much more radical, shorter conclusion. Some kind of total WTF twist that stayed with you, rather than the couple of mild surprises that they went with. Still, I will remember it as a very fine bit of drama overall.

1 Like

For fans of The Wire. David Simon who was the creator of the Wire is an excecutive producer and writer on this show. I’m two episodes in and I’m really enjoying it.

Ooh thanks, I loved The Wire. Where are you watching it?

Torrent downloads via vpn

1 Like

Thanks, will give this a go

Still trying to get my head around it was Jurassic World that inspired this revelation.

3 Likes

Oil City Confidential (Dr Feelgood) on Sky Arts (Freeview 11) at 9pm tonight

2 Likes

Shaping up well, many thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

Trying to remember the title off a detective series or film, can remember part. of a scene.

At night, detective in car following suspect across dirt track, through a chained farmers gate. Details are sketchy but think it was a grave, which led to more bodies being found. Think detective was attacked. Could have been UK or US.

Any one?

Juliet Bravo?

1 Like

Z Cars or Dickson of Dock Green.

No hiding place.

Oh FFS, I nearly got excited, then remembered which forum I posted this on.

1 Like

AA Guru?

1 Like

Rosemary and Thyme?

I’ve just run the DVD of this through before we screen it at the film club next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ycU2vH8P0

It’s funny. But dark. And sweary.

And Annes Elwy.

1 Like