What I'm watching (Part 1)

Deja Vu

a fascinating little spider weaving his web and dangling in friont of the cctv camera :joy:

2 Likes

Few punky docs over the weekend that maybe of interest to some on Sky arts

Tomorrow at 9pm;

Sunday at 12am ;

Sunday 10pm;

Thatā€™s my weekend viewing sorted, cheers :+1:
Have seen the Sid and Malcolm ones before, still worth watching, the Slits one is new to me , I think. Should deffo be worth a watch, the Slits were crazy.

Itā€™s saying the Sid one is new but not sure.

Looking forward to the slits one.

Yeah I noticed that, Sky have a habit of calling programmes new just because they havenā€™t broadcast them before. Iā€™ve definitely seen a reexamination of the Nancy murder before- I will be surprised if it isnā€™t the same one. Hoping for greatness from The Slits doc :+1:

Excellent BBC Arts documentary.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed that.

1 Like

IOM TT coverage on ITV4

Having ridden the course a good few times (obvs not at racing speed) , I still canā€™t believe the balls these guys haveā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™ve driven the course in a car several times. I canā€™t believe people actually ride bikes at all around there.

1 Like

They are nuts, simple as thatā€¦

2 Likes

Except theyā€™re not.

Iā€™ve met loads of TT riders (itā€™s probably the most accessible elite level motorsport) and the vast majority are incredibly normal and down to earth. Joey in particular didnā€™t seem to get what all the fuss was about, he was incredibly self depreciating, either that or he was a superb actor. David Jeffries was the same. And McGuinness.

Oh yes they are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Airwolf :grin:

deprecating

So it is. I blame my background in financeā€¦

1 Like

Having seen how fast they go so close to those walls, maybe defecating might be a more apt word.

1 Like

Watched 4 men and 100& something children on channel 4 catch-up last night. Holy fuck, from a guy wanking outside recipients houses in the back of his van, to some sicko donating eau natural. At Ā£1200 quid a go at fertility clinics, with no guarantee of success, I guess people become desperate but what a sad alternative.

This is the best film Iā€™ve seen in ages. The dark side of the caravan club set :scream:

A typical shot from the film to whet the appetite -

Includes knitted underwear -

6 Likes

Agreed, excellent slice of darkly delicious. Also co-written by the two stars, Alice Lowe & Steve Oram.