What I'm watching (Part 1)

Materials that you wouldn’t want anywhere near your japs eye, under any circumstances?

Probably. Alpha particles can be stopped by a couple of hundred microns of plastic so the materials aren’t so dangerous from a proximity point of view. You definitely wouldn’t want to have them in contact with living tissue though. Exterior skin has a dead layer on the surface but that can be a lot thinner, to the point of non-existence, on interior tissue - the mouth, lungs, digestive tract, blood vessels etc. The US weight people were looking for kilogramme quantities though.

VB

1 Like

Come on then, Graeme. How did you smuggle it out?

My guess is the old - drink 1ltr of water before you go in and piss it out before you leave

Amirite?

2 Likes

In at least one of those places I had to be accompanied if I wanted to use the bathroom. They didn’t bring scales with them though.

VB

1 Like

I’ve been in one of those places too.

It turned out that they were epically incompetent, they didn’t need my help to sabotage things.

Yup, things wen’t awry once or twice with me too. I was on a review panel once and it wasn’t until we were through gate security and into the you-can’t-go-alone-to-the-bathroom building that our hosts discovered that two of us, one of whom wasn’t a US citizen (me), hadn’t had our camera phones taken away !

VB

Carnage at the TdF. Some farmers threw bales of hay at the peloton. A french plod sprayed every with pepper spray and well, the wheels fell off the race…

Things are returning to normal now…

If you’re looking for a serious troublemaker - someone who will use his petty grievance as a reason for causing the maximum possible pain to the maximum number of people - then French fishermen can be pretty good. But there’s really no-one to beat a French farmer.

VB

1 Like

Spanish air traffic controllers??

Ahem.

https://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/c_fill,f_auto,h_1008,q_auto:eco,w_1671/https://inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/18612877-1.jpg

3 Likes

Watched ‘Three Billboards…’ last night. Pretty good if 30 mins too long, and then that ending…

1 Like

must watch that , could not sleep last night so watched the a very unusual film with great pics and music , not the usual fare though . very philosphical and dreamy and parents will be very familiar with issues

2 Likes

Me too.

I have a real soft spot for the Radiophonic Workshop.
It must have been growing up with Doctor Who :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bloke needs a haircut though :smirk:

I thought you’d be offended by his t shirt, but then I remembered, Strayan proggy.

Disappointing lack of daisy chained R2Rs and theramins so far.

Agreed on the haircut. I have a bunch of the Radiophonic Workshop Compilations that came out in the last few years. While the quality is patchy, they are always interesting. I was worried that this might be as excruciating as the Bowie tribute thing last year. Thus far it is OK.

1 Like

The spaghetti wiring on that synth is rather impressive…

2 Likes

The current piece is sooo Tangerine Dream circa 1973