What I'm watching (Part 1)

I’ve just finished watching The Martian. I thought it was well done and a load of fun :slightly_smiling_face:. They played fast and loose with the physics when it suited the plot (e.g. the atmosphere is way too thin to risk blowing a spacecraft over) and I wasn’t convinced about some of the decision making or media handling either. And no-one, but no-one, would either be able to make a bomb or control the consequences of one on a spacecraft. But hey, it’s a movie and they got more stuff right than many do.

VB

2 Likes

Science the shit out of this :grinning:

It’s great, very watchable.

Rainy day, so I’m watching @MGOwner’s favourite film

1 Like

My deepest sympathy :pensive:

He’s your mate or something isn’t he? :wink:

Enjoy your ban :unamused:

1 Like

The music from enter the dragon is brilliant , lalo is so superb

That bit annoyed me. It was central to the plot, that the ship could be blown over so they had to launch in a storm, and both these ideas are absurd.

The middle bit of the film is all great though :+1:

Recently watched:

How it Ends - Netflix…great ending…

Extinction - Netflix…a bit better…

The polythene sheet (albeit reinforced with Gaffer tape) which holds roughly an atmosphere pressure difference across roughly a 2m diameter aperture is pretty implausible too.

That’s a total load of more than 30 tonnes (earth weight). I’ve had a tonne of sand delivered in a dumpy bag and the load area is smaller and the material a great deal stronger than that. I reckon the poly would burst, particularly if one of those storms blew sharp grit at it :wink:.

VB

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You’ll be saying The Force isn’t real in a minute.

3 Likes

If The Martian gives you angst about these things, it’s probably best you don’t watch Gravity or you’ll likely suffer an aneuryism. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Sandra Bullock though :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The Hawaiian Pizza of Sci-Fi films.

1 Like

Already seen it thanks. Yup, there were a few howlers in that, and unlike The Martian it didn’t have any real bits of technical ingenuity to balance them. I am with Rob on Sandra Bullock though (not literally …).

VB

2 Likes

There’s a ménage à trois image I can do without :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes although i love unforgotten , its a bit crazy expecting all those people to remember what they did so many years ago to the hour and then criticise them if they get it wrong .

Getting addicted to line rider

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Who is America on 4’s iplayer thing.

FFS.

1 Like

Terrifying isn’t it.

1 Like