What I'm watching (Part 1)

Lewis Pugh hasn’t swam ‘across the channel’ it’s not the same thing at all.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We watched that this evening. We will be watching episode 2.

It is preposterous but well made nonsense. The pouting PPO is somewhat irritating though. Sometimes Arnie’s Terminator or even Robocop in the way he moves about. I’d have thought his colleagues would laugh at anyone behaving like that

As my Dad would say, shit from China (far fetched)

Still, it’s quite enjoyable, if a little predictable.

1 Like

You will on your faptop you mean :grinning:

Tablets are easier to clean, apparently.

I wouldn’t know :roll_eyes:

We use our iPad as a recipe book in the kitchen. It has had all manner of gak plastered all over it without problems. More than can be said for the laptop over which I tipped a cup of coffee… at least it was a work machine.

Nail on the head.

It’s beyond far fetched, but it’s telly and we are used to old men solving murders with just a side kick and an alcohol addiction.

I had two mates who left the midlands to do that very job. One got Blunkett very soon after. He had a proper temper!
The standing joke was that DBs man got all the best hotels while Margaret Beckets chap had to do the caravan parks in the holidays. She was a shed puller, and the worst gig in the unit.
You go where they go. Glamourous, but you are always just hired help. The overtime is massive, so it’s not a family friendly job.

3 Likes

I recall meeting Margaret Beckett in Las Vegas once & being startled by how short she was! Didn’t have her caravan with her though.

1 Like

Senna. Again.

1 Like

I hope you subbed her a few quid :+1:

1 Like

Went to see Blackkklansmen

Dark, funny, serious & extremely powerful at the end. Strongly recommended.

Cool soundtrack too.

5 Likes

Looking forward to this, great to hear Spike Lee is back on point. There seems to be some ass burn concerning the artistic license Lee has taken but if it’s a good show so what?

I don’t know how much of it is true. I gather the more outlandish & unlikely bits are. I watched an interview with Ron Stallworth & he still has his KKK membership card and did get to meet David Duke which is the main thrust of the story. That said, having been pointed towards the Sorry to bother you trailer yesterday, that’s definitely another I’d like to see if it gets a general release here.

1 Like

Hendrix at Woodstock - BBC4

Absolutely fantastic film, this is probably the best I’ve watched this year

1 Like

Watched ‘The Brink’ - clever & very funny.

Compelled to watch vanity fair by shmbo , actually it was not bad at all . Martin clunes is a hoot