What I'm watching (Part 1)

4 Likes

What a performance.

1 Like

Just binged that in 2 days after seeing your post. Fucking loved it. Still cannot quite tell how much deadpan humour it was supposed to contain but there were some hysterical moments. And yes the assassin was extremely hot, and a very talented actor too.

2 Likes

New Order Decades Sky Arts this Sat Night at 9pm,followed by Live in Glasgow

is dreadful. I was at the gig and have the DVD. Hook left soon after the show which was phoned in by the band.

On the other hand the ∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick shows with the synth orchestra were fantastic. I went to the second night, and despite the venue, really enjoyed it. Visually it was fantastic, but sonically it was just fabulous. One of the best live mixes I’ve had the pleasure to hear. I’ll be interested to see the film.

Michael Palin thing on CH5 :+1:

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Mercury prize on BBC4

The new Arctic Monkeys is a masterpiece. Slow burner, mind…

Edit: Wolf Alice wot won it

QT. Dewsbury.

I actually had gammon for dinner. Now I’m being fed an unwanted second helping.

I actually don’t know why I bother watching anymore, other than to have a legitimate excuse to shout at the telly.

Their first album was great, the second less so sadly.

All ongoing & all pretty good in their own way;

Press, Killing Eve, Wanderlust, Black Earth Rising, Bodyguard.

I did also enjoy the Michael Palin programme on N Korea too. They’re a bunch of idealistic hippies! Not quite the society we’ve been led to believe they are.

1 Like

For all you old school ravers,BBC4 10pm tonight,Can you feel it - How dance music conquered the world.3 parter;

1 Like

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to catch up on The Expanse, it looks like S1 is disappearing from Netflix from the end of this month. :frowning_face:

Not watching, sadly, but listening to Joshua v Povetkin on Talk Shite

Amazon picked up the 4th series so perhaps it will all move to prime.

Still waiting for S3 to hit Netflix, now it sounds like it’s not going to happen based on that news.

Want to read as much as I can of it before checking out the telly version.

The TV series is well worth watching, excellently done.Jared Harris is outstanding as Anderson Dawes. S1 roughly covers books 1-3 iirc, so if you’re that far in with the books, it won’t spoil anything.

You can get it on DVD/blu-ray but it’s about £15 each for series 1 & 2.

It was close until it wasn’t.

1 Like